HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   scouting for deer and found POT!! i think (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/205837-scouting-deer-found-pot-i-think.html)

Rebel Hog 09-06-2007 01:05 PM

RE: scouting for deer and found POT!! i think

OH...OH.................You found it..........Now you have to Die!:)

longislandhunter 09-06-2007 01:15 PM

Yeah you see those are my concerns as well. This is public land and that is what DEC officers are for. I have run into them quite a bit while hunting so with the season start around the cornerI am hoping that they find the stuff.

georgiahick 09-06-2007 01:15 PM

I say set up an ambush and shoot the pot heads....or tell the cops your concerns and recommend they set an OP (obeservation point) and over watch it and catch them in the act.

JohnnyLonghorns 09-06-2007 01:45 PM

I'd go back and pick some...dry it out...and smoke it while you're in the deer stand!!!

Seriously, call the police. Once they bust the guys, you won't have to worry about them being out there. Plus, with them running back and forth to their plants, they will be spreading human scent everywhere. Drive your wife's car out when you go hunt and they won't notice her vehicle if you're that scared.

ShatoDavis 09-06-2007 02:02 PM

ORIGINAL: longislandhunter

I do not know what to do here.I realize thatthe ethical thing to do is to call the authorities but i saw an old beat upcar pass by about five times last night and my truck was parked on the side of the road. They even stopped about a half mile away and just parked there facing my way for about 5 minutes and then when they drove by they went so fast I could not see a plate and it was getting dark. I fear that these people will now who turned them in and then I will have to worry about my and my wifessafety as well as my vehicle all season. I hunt with my wife and that is what scares me. if it were just myself i would be ok but i do not want to jeopardize my wife. This is a tough decision.I am thinking about lettinga few days go by and then calling the authorities.
hon·or /ˈɒnər/Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[on-er]Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun

honesty, fairness, or integrity in one's beliefs and actions: a man of honor.

a source of credit or distinction: to be an honor to one's family.

high respect, as for worth, merit, or rank: to be held in honor. [/align]
in·teg·ri·ty /ɪnˈtɛgti/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[in-teg-ri-tee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun

adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty. [/align]

conviction

noun

an unshakable belief in something without need for proof or evidence

I don't see anywhere in those defintions where it said that it would be easy. You know what the right thing to do is. Now do you have the Honor & Integrity to follow through with your convictions?

outdooraholic 09-06-2007 03:11 PM

i would say the right thing to do would be to report them, and unfortunatly you probably wont be able to hunt that land anymore due to retaliation.But to tell you the truth i wouldnt want to hunt that place if that kind of thing was going on (no authorities called) anyways, you just never know what those idiots are willing to do to keep there "secret" safe.

10pointhank 09-06-2007 03:17 PM

sure you are gonna really piss some people off but you might be helping them and the people around them.
once they got caught with the ganja they might get out of the bussneis and get a real job and straighten up there life..

i would notify the authoritys because they are hurting you. but dont think you are being shellfish cause if your suffering from this other hunters on this public land must be to.

PA Bow/Flinter 09-06-2007 03:31 PM

Say you don't turn them in. What are they going to do with it? Most likely sell it.

Think about that kid who is going to buy it to 'try to be cool' and screw up his life....all which could be avoided if you turn them in.

Do you want to be part of the reason behind that kid messing up his life? What if its one of your kids....drug dealers don't care who they sell it to.

JMO, but I think worrying about your hunting spot is kind of trivial....again, thats just my opinion.

geterdun2 09-06-2007 03:52 PM

i wouldnt turn them in. its not worth the effort. also, i always like to keep to myself and out of others business. if they want to grow it, let them do what they do. its not worth getting urself or ur familyhurt. i dont see a reason to rat on them, especially if it will scare you out of hunting that spot-forget that, especially if its a nice spot. how many plants was it? i doubt it was a mexcan cartel,lol,probably just a few kids planting pot, unless it was like fields of it. i would say ignore it and hunt this spot like you always do, if it doesnt get taken, and the growers know you didnt turn them in, then when they see you i doubt they would do anything anyways b/c they knows you mind ur business. they might already have your plate # and, even if its not a "cartel" or serious drug operation, kids can do some serious damage to cars, house , etc. i would say leave it alone, its not cocaine or meth ya know, its weed. i mean they shouldnt be doing it, but marijuana is not that bad in my book and to get involved in a whole mess of stuff because of a few plants isnt worth it IMO.

also, maybe the growers arent lowlifes, maybe they do have real jobs. i have smoked marijuana before and i have an associates degree and am working on my bachelors, i think i am a good person andarentashamedto admit i have smoked it before and probably will someday in my life again, im just being honest. its not heroin ya know, just weed. i mean maybe i look at it differently then everyone else, but i dont think its something to get into a battle with someone over.

PA bow =i doubt a kid smoking some marijuana is going to mess up there life, lol, i dont see it happeneing. i mean it can be a gateway drug, i agree,but if they dont get it from that person, they will from another. its not like these people will force the kid to smoke it, if they want to smoke marijuana they will do so regardless of who they need to buy it from. i dont see it as worthy of messing up a potential honey hole and ratting on someone, i would mind my own business and keep my nose out of their mess. if they want to do whatever, let them, but thats just my opinion. and ya never know, if it is alot of plants, maybe it is a gangs operation and in that case, i doubt you want to get involved and be targeted by violence for something you could have overlooked.

i agree with timbercruiser, if i found it i wouldnt turn in it unles they tried to harm you, (putting nails down, barb wire, boobie traps, etc) which could actually harm someone. then i might because they shouldnt be trying to injure people. once they begin to affect other peoples lifelihood, i would turn them in. IMO, i would mind my business and stay out of the business of ratting on people who might just want some marijuana to smoke themselves, to me its not worth all the hassle.

bigtim6656 09-06-2007 04:14 PM

you need to report this to the cops i would call the DEA or the state police for one you never know a few of the local cops could be in on it
IF you are hunting there or they know you have been there they will come to you and make sure you don't talk or something worst.

I knew a guy who lived in cal. and found some pot on the govt. land that borded his land and he left and the people followed his track back and near beat the h*ll out of him just for being there once

Call the cops that is the only smart thing you can do
this is a link to the dea/ doj website

http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/contactinfo.htm