Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Get this...

Old 09-01-2007, 05:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Get this...

I sent a young guy who wants to start deer hunting this season to a hunter safety ed class here in IL. It is of course required for those who have never had a license. I teach classes but everything is full in the foreseeable future so I sent him off to another county.

Boy the crap he was subjected to......

First night he's got guys telling him he's wasting his time there, he's 24, it isn't required, it's for little kids. He asks them why they are there and they say "We got to get a certificate cause we'e going elk hunting in another state that requires it.".

I tell him stay away from the idiots and just mind his own business. Sit with the little kids, listen, take the test, get your cert and your golden.

The next night he asks an instructor if he needs to take the class. The instructor sys, "I don't know. I don't think so if you are 24. I'll have to find out." A phone call later he gets set straight - of course you do.

So today was the last day and test. The instructor tells him if he's going to be hunting deer in Illinois with a shotgun, he has no business using a 20 gauge. "You gotta use a 12 gauge - 20 is too small. You want to kill the deer, right? You don't want it running off on ya!" blah blah blah

"Don't get an automatic! Only a pump or a single shot & you HAVE to have a scope nowadays! Especially if you are in a stand. You have no business hunting out of a treestand without a scope." blah blah blah continues......

Guys like this.....boy they don't representme.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Get this...

i still need to go take my field day part of the test , waiting for a couple of others to get it pc part done first, but i will promptly put any one of them in their place if they even think about treating me like that...
Doesnt matter if he needs it or not, if he wants it, he should go take it , doesnt matter how old he is....i'm 37, i'll sit with the kids and be proud, lol....
Don't blame ya for being a lil hot.....
Old 09-01-2007, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Get this...

When I took the Hunters Safety Course I took my 11 year old Daughter with me so she could learn about Safety and I took the test so I could take her on the Youth Hunt,I was plenty old enough that I wasn't required to take the Test but since I had to take the test to take a Youth Hunting I figured it would be a good time for her to take it also.There were all ages of Hunters there and it was very educational and everyone had a good time.We had Policeman there,Game Wardens and Conservation Agents there too,they all did a great job of Teaching and answering our questions.