Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 what to do with smaller antlers?? >

what to do with smaller antlers??

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what to do with smaller antlers??

Old 08-22-2007, 08:28 PM

Default what to do with smaller antlers??

ive been on a mission to clean my house before this upcoming hunting season so it wont just keep piling up and i found a pile of smaller sets of antlers, nice but nothing i would have mounted or put on a base. what do u guys do when u find a pile of old antlers or some sheds that u may have layin around the house but u still want to display them instead of sittin in the store room? thanks. oh yea, and turkey beards.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: what to do with smaller antlers??

Lamp, knife handles, maybe a set will work for rattle antlers. I have even seen the base cut off and used for drawer knobs.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:32 PM

My dog likes them, and they are super-durable.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:42 PM

HEY CALL ME CRAZY BUT- IF YOU DRIVE A MOTORCYCLE PUT EM ON THERE OR IF YA DRIVE A BIG RIG PUT EM ON UR MIRRORS. YOU CAN ALWAYS SELL EM ON EBAY ALSO
Old 08-23-2007, 02:41 AM

Normally I keep the antlers on the skull and paint them up with adesign. If I had enough antler sheds I would try and make a lamp or something maybe. One thing I did years ago with small antlers was useing my dremel tool and various ends to give them a spiral look on the tines. Another thing which is neat and also pretty is to take the base of the antler and cut the ridged big part off even ( if it's thick enough make two) on both ends, sand them down real nice and smooth. After that you could choose a picture and engrave it on the surface.I used a black paint to fill in the picture outline and then coated it with clear fingernail polish. You can make buttons out of them too. Hope thats some help! Have fun
Old 08-23-2007, 10:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

This is a good reason why small antlers are best left on the buck's head[8D]
Old 08-23-2007, 05:31 PM

they were some of my first bucks i killed. for me it was to get over with the whole killing a buck thing with a bow then a muzzle loader.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Spike

You can make ink pens/pencils.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:09 PM
Spike

Or you can make knives.

Old 08-24-2007, 12:28 AM
Fork Horn

I have a piece of cedar tree cut from a saw-mill about 15 foot long that I nail them up on. It hangs inmy bonus room in my house across the doorway. The cedarstrip gives it a real rustic look

Quick Reply: what to do with smaller antlers??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.