Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Rut Help

Old 08-19-2007, 12:41 AM
Spike

Default Rut Help

Can anyone tell me how I can find out when the peak of the rut will be in Alabama? I want to schedule some time off and need to have a clue whe nwould be the best time. Thanks for any advice....
Old 08-19-2007, 12:47 AM

Default RE: Rut Help

Here in North carolina..Its around Oct.20 through Nov.15 Also depends on weather too..If its cooled off by then it will be the same everywhere..Depends on this hot weather..
Old 08-19-2007, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Check with the local sheriff's office. Find out the peak week for car-deer accidents in the fall. That's when the bucks will be chasing.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

In the Troy area it is starts around the middle of January and I think the peak might be after the season ends.