Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Anyone drive a car??or just trucks?? >

Anyone drive a car??or just trucks??

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anyone drive a car??or just trucks??

Old 08-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Anyone drive a car??or just trucks??

my advice would be to hang on to the truck, if your a serious hunter then it is worth every dollar for all them days your out and have something to put in the back, my f 150 is the perfect hunting vehicle and i hunt with a buddy who uses a car and lets just say he wants to always ride with me, or trade vehicles if he goes and im working or something
Old 08-02-2007, 09:06 PM

I drive a 2-door 1997 Cavalier stick and it did fine pulling this 13pter home once i got up the big arse hill by where I hunt!

You get some funny looks driving through downtown Des Moines in a cavalier with a buck tied across the back of it!

If this pic doesn't work, here's the web address: http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/311/1747/320/DSCF0034.jpg

That was in December 2005. Here's my doe from December 2006 on my cavalier:

Again if the pic doesn't work, here's the address: http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/311/1747/320/191862/DSCF0015.jpg

Now what remains to be decided is if you call a 10 year old 2-door chevy with 150k on it sporty.

Would I much rather have a truck? Hell yeah! But I'm a broke med student married to a broke grad school student, so my dreams of a truck will have to wait! So for now, I'm perfectly happy driving my deer home tied onto the back of a chevy cavalier. As I told a guy at a gas station when he asked why the hell I didn't have a truck, "I'd rather have a dead deer on the back of my cavalier than an empty pick-up truck!"

Old 08-03-2007, 12:25 AM
Fork Horn

stick a deer in ur trunk its simple

Old 08-03-2007, 06:06 AM

Most states I've lived in you have to have a hoof or some part of the deer visible from outside the vehicle to transport it, besides I store my golf clubs in the trunk!
Old 08-03-2007, 08:05 AM

I drive a Sebring Coupe (think stratus RT or Mits Eclipse). I don't have any trouble getting where I need to go, but I don't hunt real remote areas and don't mind walking if I have to.

I don't let deer get near my car! I'm not putting one in it or on it. It just is not happening. When I kill a deer I am either hunting with someone that has a truck or call someone that has one to help me. I can't load one myself anyway because of my size, so I would need help either way. Really limits the way hunt.

I did think about putting a hitch on my car and getting a small trailer or one of those racks that hang off the back. I just can't bring myself to put a hitch on my Sebring though.

It is a pain the butt, I won't lie about it. But I used to have a truck years ago (when I didn't hunt) and I really didn't like it so I don't see myself getting another one. I have thought about a minivan though. Even a decent beater hatchback would work. My buddy got a nice sized deer in a ford Aspire, so I know it can be done.

Paul
Old 08-03-2007, 08:35 AM
Fork Horn

It takes 4WD to get in and out of my place.I have a Pickup.But because of all the miles my wife drives she has a GEO Tracker.

Last Winter I drove it in the snow I was surprised as to how well it handled,just like a Jeep.She gets around 28MPG.

I have a Carryall that I had on the back of my Jeep,that works fine on the back of the GEO,or you can put the Back Seat down and put everything back there.

big rockpile
Old 08-03-2007, 09:08 AM
Fork Horn

My Wife had a Honda CRV (before she totalled it)I was thinking about putting a hitch on it, and then a cargo platform that fits the hitch. I thought about that since my Ford F250 2 Wheel Drive is pretty much worthless in the snow without a bunch of weight, and the fact that the wife would CRAP if I put a deer in the SUV.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:23 AM
Typical Buck

Anything but a mini vanwill work just fine. My dad and his buddy used to haul deer in my moms mini van and its one of the funniest pictures ive ever seen.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:47 AM

I drive a lifted Jeep and there's not much room in it, so I bought a rack that hooks up to the hitch, works great for loaded deer!!
Old 08-03-2007, 09:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

WHERES A MODERATOR WHEN YOU NEED ONE ...WHATS THIS GOT TO DO WITH DEER HUNTING NEXT THERE WILL BE A THREAD ABOUT ALBINO SKUNKS OR SOMETHING ... GEZZZZZZZZ

dd

Quick Reply: Anyone drive a car??or just trucks??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.