Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

who hunts in south carolina

Old 08-13-2007, 04:29 PM

Default RE: who hunts in south carolina

ORIGINAL: SCSurfzone

I hunt in Jacksonboro in Colloton County, and all across Charleston County. I can't wait to turn some dogs loose come Wednesday.
Dog hunters........
Old 08-13-2007, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: manuman

I hunt in Jacksonboro in Colloton County, and all across Charleston County. I can't wait to turn some dogs loose come Wednesday.
Dog hunters........
agreed

and BTW Bees Knees, I've had google earth for a year... I just didn't know that you could save pics.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:28 AM

ORIGINAL: Chris_H

Dog hunters........
agreed

and BTW Bees Knees, I've had google earth for a year... I just didn't know that you could save pics.
I'm not sure what that is sposed to mean, however to each his own. FYI not much room for dogs in Charleston, so it's largely a still hunting county.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:34 AM
Fork Horn

is hunting with dogs fun as hunting out of a tree stand?
Old 08-14-2007, 11:37 AM

I hunt in both Aiken and Edgefield counties. I'll be toughing the heat tomorrow evening in Aiken county.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:05 PM

I lived in Edgefield for 3 years. Went to Strom Thurmond high the first semester of the ninth.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:17 PM

In fairness to you, I won't categorize you, but in all honesty, I lived and hunted exclusively in SC and S Ga, for 10 years, and I cannot give you one good experience with dog hunting clubs. I had a mid Oct rut hunt ruined last year by dog hunters, who let out several miles from there club, and I was onprivate land taht Ihave exclusive permission to hunt, next to 3500 acres of a still hunting club. I drove 5 1/2 hours and was at my honeyhole when several does and small bucks came flagging through, and then here comes the beagles. 5 minutes later, I see the big buck that I was looking for, and he is flagging as well, but instead of coming under me, he circled back, and the dogs followed the doe and small buck tracks right under me. That is 1 scenario of about 100 that I could tell you about. Like I said, in fairness to you, I won't lump you in with all the rest, but I have had zero good experiences so far.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:51 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: leehop

I will be moving to the Laurens area. Have a small place (18.6 acres) on Nelly Ferry Rd. just off on Ecom Beach Rd. Haven't had a chance to look much of the county over but understand there is a deer club lease a little ways behind my place. Is anyone farmiliar with the general area?
Yea, I know that area pretty well. My family lives in Gray Court, Fountain Inn, Simpsonville and myself in Powdersville. We have private land we hunt in all those areas. Good luck getting in the "local clubs". Most are comprised of co-workers only and doctor/lawyer types that can afford a lease on their own for just them. My lease is $500 a year and an hour away in Abbeville, but I would hate to lose it just for all the great hog hunting I get to do on it year-round.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:56 PM
Typical Buck

Steer clear of Robert Lewis's club over at the rock quarry near Cokesbury. Club dues might be alluring, but the guy isn't on the level. Let in 20 additional members last year and severely overcrowded the tract. Then, can't explain where the money went from all the additional revenue from dues after the timber companys were paid. Fishy...
Old 08-15-2007, 10:16 AM

I lived in Edgefield for 3 years. Went to Strom Thurmond high the first semester of the ninth.
Yean I live in Trenton. I also had some problems with dog hunters in my area a few years ago when they were Leasing some GranitevilleCompany land. Every time they would turn out the dogs I wouldhave deer and dogs running all by my on my land. They leased thousands of acres but would always turn out the dogs on a little tract that they had near my land. Never failed that they would always end up at my house asking for permission to go find their dogs on my land. So no I am not a big fan of dog hunting either.

Quick Reply: who hunts in south carolina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.