Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

pulling the deer on my pro.

Old 07-23-2007, 01:59 PM

Default pulling the deer on my pro.

what can i put out to draw the deer away from the other hunters.,bad soil food plots dont do well,.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: pulling the deer on my pro.

Have you done soil test to see what is missing as far as nutrients? You should be able to grow food plots on almost any kind of soil if you have suficient moisture, sunlight and minerals. Adding old leaves, straw, hay and other degradeable stuff to the area and plowing it in as it rots is a good way to build up your poor soils.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:55 PM

Thanks timbercruiser I,ll give it a try.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:38 PM
Typical Buck

How much property do you have to hunt? One thing that I have figured out about big bucks is that they take little if any hunting pressure. If you have a good spot on you property that deer can bed and have close food and water, leave it alone meaning dont walk through it, hunt it or anything. Just leave alone and just hunt the border of it. If a buck finds a place where he isnt being constantly bumped by hunters he will stick around, and so will his doe's which will also help hold him there. I know its hard not to go into a spot that you think a big buck may be, but as long as he is there you may just get lucky and catch him out and about where you can stick him with an arrow or send a hunk of lead his way. Good luck to ya!!
Old 07-23-2007, 09:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

You could try a feeder
Old 07-23-2007, 09:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Cay4redneck

You could try a feeder
Depending upon where you hunt.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:33 AM
Fork Horn

Use plenty of corn and BuckerUp.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you have enough land create a sancturary for the deer. On one of the pieces of land that I hunt I have come to an agreement with the farmer that part of a wooden area does not get hunted. (about 20 acres) It took a little convincing on my part for he had taken a number of good bucks off it over the years. This is the deer safe zone. It took a couple of years for it to really catch on with the deer but now we are seeing way more deer. Other areas around his farm are at times over hunted so I believe that this little safe area has actually pulled the deer off other properties in the area. We also stopped huntingthe area around it in the mornings and hunt on the routesfrom it in the evenings. This system has become very productive.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:41 PM

Thanks I never thought about that!!
Old 07-25-2007, 07:57 PM

I'm curious about the way you phrased your question. It seems as though you want to keep deer from other hunters?

Quick Reply: pulling the deer on my pro.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.