HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Gun holder for bicycle. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/198563-gun-holder-bicycle.html)

Chuck7 07-21-2007 09:48 AM

Gun holder for bicycle.

Hey guys,
I picked up a pretty nice mountain bike to day at a garage sale for 10.00 My hunting place is a 1 1/2 mile walk.It's on public property.I was planning on biking this year. Do any of you guys ride a bike where you hunt ? If so how do you transport your rifle. The sling I'm certain would slide around alot. Any ideas.
Thanks,
Chuck7

cudaas70 07-21-2007 10:37 AM

RE: Gun holder for bicycle.

How are you going to get the deer home after you kill it? Seems like it would be a long ride haulin all theextra weight.

nefarious11 07-21-2007 11:13 AM

i hunt an area where i bike roughly 2 miles. they do sell things that attach to your handle bars that can hold your rifle. If you shoot a deer all you need to do is but a plastic bag over the seat, throw your trophy up on the bike and tie it on there. (coverthe deerin some extra orange). so look around and good luck

manuman 07-21-2007 12:05 PM

Been hunting off of a mountain bike for many years. the regular atv gun mounts will work, and there are gun mounts at bike specialty stores. Like was said, you gut the buck or doe, put plastic over the seat, and put the front legs over the handle bars, and tie them, and separate the hind legs, and actually straddle the deer--with orange , also as was said. I have Specialized Rock Hopper now. Itcomes with a dark green and black, flat finish. Lesser expensive bike--around 600.00.

the bees knees 07-21-2007 12:18 PM

Why not get one of those little trailers for haulin kiddies around? That way you could lug more stuff in and put a deer in it to lug it out...just a thought. Like this one...
ugh, bad image but you get the idea, this one goes for about $200.

nefarious11 07-21-2007 12:33 PM

manuman....great bike i got the same thing

whitetaildreamer 07-21-2007 01:58 PM

A friend of mine has lots of grouse on his property so he set up 2 mountain bikes to hold shotguns across the handle bars. I can't see why the same system wouldn't work for a deer rifle.

Chuck7 07-21-2007 04:55 PM

I appreciate all of the replies. As I was laying down I thought of making a holder on the handle bars..great idea. I need something very stable as not to bump the scope.

Thanks again.
C7

manuman 07-21-2007 05:06 PM

The one I have is rubber coated--heavily--and high enough for gun or bow to clear. Also, I foergot to mention that a stright handle bar is needed, as teh curved ones won't work.

manuman 07-21-2007 05:07 PM

ORIGINAL: nefarious11

manuman....great bike i got the same thing
Small world! Maybe one of us could post a pic for an example--or comparison!