Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Gun holder for bicycle.

Old 07-21-2007, 09:48 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Gun holder for bicycle.

Hey guys,
I picked up a pretty nice mountain bike to day at a garage sale for 10.00 My hunting place is a 1 1/2 mile walk.It's on public property.I was planning on biking this year. Do any of you guys ride a bike where you hunt ? If so how do you transport your rifle. The sling I'm certain would slide around alot. Any ideas.
Thanks,
Chuck7
Old 07-21-2007, 10:37 AM

Default RE: Gun holder for bicycle.

How are you going to get the deer home after you kill it? Seems like it would be a long ride haulin all theextra weight.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:13 AM

i hunt an area where i bike roughly 2 miles. they do sell things that attach to your handle bars that can hold your rifle. If you shoot a deer all you need to do is but a plastic bag over the seat, throw your trophy up on the bike and tie it on there. (coverthe deerin some extra orange). so look around and good luck
Old 07-21-2007, 12:05 PM

Been hunting off of a mountain bike for many years. the regular atv gun mounts will work, and there are gun mounts at bike specialty stores. Like was said, you gut the buck or doe, put plastic over the seat, and put the front legs over the handle bars, and tie them, and separate the hind legs, and actually straddle the deer--with orange , also as was said. I have Specialized Rock Hopper now. Itcomes with a dark green and black, flat finish. Lesser expensive bike--around 600.00.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:18 PM

Why not get one of those little trailers for haulin kiddies around? That way you could lug more stuff in and put a deer in it to lug it out...just a thought. Like this one...
ugh, bad image but you get the idea, this one goes for about $200.

Old 07-21-2007, 12:33 PM

manuman....great bike i got the same thing
Old 07-21-2007, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

A friend of mine has lots of grouse on his property so he set up 2 mountain bikes to hold shotguns across the handle bars. I can't see why the same system wouldn't work for a deer rifle.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:55 PM
Dominant Buck

I appreciate all of the replies. As I was laying down I thought of making a holder on the handle bars..great idea. I need something very stable as not to bump the scope.

Thanks again.
C7
Old 07-21-2007, 05:06 PM

The one I have is rubber coated--heavily--and high enough for gun or bow to clear. Also, I foergot to mention that a stright handle bar is needed, as teh curved ones won't work.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:07 PM

ORIGINAL: nefarious11

manuman....great bike i got the same thing
Small world! Maybe one of us could post a pic for an example--or comparison!

Quick Reply: Gun holder for bicycle.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.