Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

This still makes me sick...

Old 07-14-2007, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator

Default This still makes me sick...

I know weve been over the Jimmy Houston thing with the video and all. But here is a post from the Indianasportsman.com. Im sickened by this video. Its not just Jimmy here but others as well. Im not trying to stir the pot but Im angry...

Jimmy Still Not Welcome In Indiana.... [/align][hr]

http://www.real-hunters.com/full.swf THE VIDEO

Here is what Jimmy Houston said in his defense.
First, I want to apologize to any hunter or non-hunter who has been personally hurt or damaged by my deer hunt at Bellars. The primary inference on the video produced by the National Wildlife Federation is that I shot or was hunting drugged deer and that I
was doing it in a 3-6 acre pen.

1. The Federal Drug Administration asked me for three packages of the meat to test for drugs. I had no idea what drugs they were testing for - I actually thought they might be looking for a steroid maybe used in raising big deer. They tested the meat and found no drugs. Then they asked me if I would give them the rest of the meat. I voluntarily did this and this meat was also tested. I specifically asked the FDA agent at the trial if any drugs were found in my meat and he told me NO-there was none. By the
way, we had already eaten some of the meat and it was perfectly ok.

2. I was not hunting in a 3-6 acre pen. We were hunting in a high-fenced area and the stand that they had me in was within 10 yards of a fence. This fence went over the hill and we could not see how far it went. As I testified in the trial, we went over the hill and never did reach the other end of the high fence. There is no way I could estimate the size of the area. It could be 50 acres, it could be 500 acres. The entire high fence area, as I was told was 1200 acres, but, yes, there were section fences. The fence that is seen on the video is the same fence we were beside. There is video shot in one direction and video shot in the other
direction of the same fence. Bear in mind that the camera was in a different stand than the one I was in. I got in this tree stand at 7AM on this morning and shot the deer at 11:10. That is over 4 hours. It was 20 degrees.

3. Russ Bellar did come out and check on us around 9:00AM. We saw several deer; we even saw a deer go under the fence. The buck I shot was a 6 ½ or 7 ½ year old buck and was chasing a doe. There were literally hundreds of deer on Bellars place. At the time, nothing seemed unusual other than it was really cold. I completely agree with all hunters about shooting drugged deer in pens. This is wrong. I share your same passion and have spent my entire life hunting and have worked diligently to promote,
protect and preserve this great heritage.

[/align]
Old 07-15-2007, 10:39 AM
8mm
Typical Buck

Default RE: This still makes me sick...

that makes me sick too y would u do something like that. That is not huntuing its murder
Old 07-15-2007, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ill bet ya old man Primos would like to beat the snot out of some of those boys!
Old 07-15-2007, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Keep him outta Wisconsin to!
Old 07-15-2007, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

He wouldnt be up to any monkey biz up here! We have so many nosey people up here ya cant fart in the woodswithout someone across town telling you the look on your face when ya did it.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hope everysponcer of Jimmy Houston sees that video and pulles their support from him. All that were on that video were not hunters. Paying money for a deer hunt, as shown on this video, does not make you a hunter. Do these people really believe that they are hunting? If there was ever a reason for tar and feathering this would be it. This includes you Jimmy! I know that I could never watch one of his shows ever again.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:43 PM
Spike

People pay $15,000 to fire their rifle one time.

No hunting is involved that I saw. $15,000 to fire their rifle.

If all you want is to murder/slaughter an animal you can go to a hog famr and lend a hand there.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

That there is absolutely nothing but Houston trying hisbest at damage control.

What a freakin woosy! " ...nothing seemed unusualother than it was really cold. " Get a set boy! Didn't seem unusual that there were people out there just mingling with those deer Jimmy - you make me sick Houson. I hope you sorry a$$ falls off a boat.

Now to the other butt wipes. How do we find out who those guys are? Especially the last ba$tard shooting the buck propped up in a thicket for $15,000? I bet he'd tuck his tail pretty hard if he were exposed! That big old bruiser on the wall of his office or denall of a sudden wouldn't have that big safari of a story to go with it when the fraud is exposed.

As the saying goes, "I'd like to spit some Beechnut in that dude's eye." I'd start with Houston though.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Aw come on guys, cut him some slack. Isn't it soooooo much better to pay big bucks to shoot semi-tame deer if it is a mature buck with a big rack than to take a doe or spike buck in an uncontrolled setting.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:42 AM
Fork Horn

Jimmy Houston has no right to call himself a hunter let alone a sportsman. Period.

Quick Reply: This still makes me sick...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.