Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Fawn with Antlers??

Old 07-16-2007, 02:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Fawn with Antlers??

Windwalker7 has some good points. Six points?????!! I say no way! Although I can see why some would say " you never Know ".
Old 07-16-2007, 03:17 PM

I wont beleive it till I see it!
Old 07-16-2007, 03:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Buckslayer55

I wont beleive it till I see it!
My thoughts exactly, seems like another "black panther" story untill the trail cams picks come (hint hint)!
Old 07-17-2007, 06:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

This strange weather sure is making some strange things happen....
Old 07-17-2007, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree I would have to see this to believe it!

Although, I hunted a plantation near tallahassee,fl. that had a very high population of deer that had some weird things happening on it. They kiiled a 6point with a deformed nose like a cow. It was mounted in the clubhouse and the wildlife biologist blamed inbreeding for the deformity. Also they killed a buck with twisted antlers(also mounted, and blamed on inbreeding). I am trying to make the point that although I don't believe it, it could happen.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:43 PM
Typical Buck

Such an old thread but I will add something..

I saw with my own eyes a fawn that still had spots. It was sporting a 3-inch spike. This deer was thirty feet away from me in plain sight. Over the next couple years it grew into a massive 22 pointer (22 scorable points, but almost 40 if you counted the points that were less than one inch), scoring 187 when EHD killed him. I hated to see him dead. =\
Old 06-12-2013, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've seen many 1st Year Young Button Bucks and Spike Bucks but never a Spotted Fawn with a decent Rack!We've seen several Bucks with 1-side that was deformed,twisted or even where it curved out towards the front of the Bucks face even...they say if a Buck gets injured usually the opposite side will grow differently either smaller,larger or strangely shaped?
Old 06-15-2013, 07:15 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by wvdeer4u
My first deer I shot with a bow in 1995 was a 1 1/2 year old 6 point. It was average weight and rack size for our yearling bucks. Once we got it field dressed and home we hung it up and noticed it still had it's white spots all the way down both sides of its spine like a fawn. They were so faint that we didn't even notice them in the woods but once we got a good look at them they were plain as day. Maybe he saw a late born fawn from last year that is undersized and is still showing its spots like mine was. I don't know. But he didn't come out the womb with antlers.
Years ago I filmed a 1.5 year old 8 pointer just like that. The spots where so faint that I didnt even notice until I viewed the footage at home.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:58 AM
Typical Buck

The areas I hunt seem to have a lot of partial albino deer. I have seen a lot of deer (Usually doe) that look as if someone threw a handful of white paint at them. They certainly look like fawns sometimes. Also, I have shot button buck that were really huge, 80-90 pounds. They looked like good size doe at a distance. You never know. One year my x shot a doe with spikes. I used to live on the border of Bucks County and a kid shot an all black deer near where I lived. Nature can be weird.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are called piebald deer.They can have white or black or be all black.In a sports shop in my town the have a full body mount of one.
Here this is easier.As for the six point,nothing would surprise me in nature.I was thinking maybe a cross breed(fallow and whitetail?)

Last edited by FlDeerman; 06-16-2013 at 08:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Fawn with Antlers??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.