Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 hogzilla not as big as we thought >

hogzilla not as big as we thought

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

hogzilla not as big as we thought

Old 07-11-2007, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default hogzilla not as big as we thought

This really has nothing to do with deer hunting, but this forum page has a lot of hits. Anyways, I was flippin through the channels when I heard "hogzilla" on the discovery channel. So I stopped and began to watch. Very interesting indeed. Apparently, as many of you have heard, the photo of hogzilla may have been "photoshopped" tolook bigger. Conspirators all around found "flaws" in this picture. The hog nose looks rounded, unlike a wild boars. Hogzillas "ear"may havebeenfound in some trees, and many other things. So to settle this arguement, hogzillas killers invited a team of scientists to come out and dig up hogzillas grave. So, the whole team came out and unearthed the beast. (Hogzilla has a grave with a cross; his name and date of death on it) The investigators dug about 7 feet, and started to beleive that there was actually no hogzilla, but then, they could smell him rotting. When they uncovered his body, there was no head! Hogzillas killers cut off his head and buried it in a different spot just in case crooks tried to grave rob his head, and keep it as a trophy. After digging up his head (in a different place), they went to one of his ponds and took off the "slime." His skull was ENOURMOUS! His tusk were a full circle! Almost impossible for wild boars. They took hogzillas skull and reattached it to his corpse. They measuredand weighed it, and 2 guys had some explaining to do. The corpse only measured 8' 6" stretced out, and only weighed about 600 lbs (not including about 150 to 200 lbs that rotted off). Originally, hogzilla was supposed to weigh over 1000 lbs, and be over 12 feet. They lied. After they measured, only one of hogzillas killers were there. He said, "Well, I didnt measure it, Dan did. It wasn't me..." You could tell he was nervous. Then the other guy drove up and said, "Well, it was 12 foot when WE measured it..." Nonetheless, hogzilla is still huge. But now the question was, is hogzilla a wild hog, or a domestic pig released and shot. DNA tests were performed, and hogzilla was definitely a wild hog, but he had SOME domestic in him. He lived his 7 yrs of life in the wild, and may have had many piglets. Other hogzillas could be out on this guys farm! How did hogzilla get so big? Well, the guy who owns this gigantic fish farm in the woods also has the world record bluegill; 5 lbs. He gets his fish so big by feeding them a special fish food that he made, packed full of protein. At night, the hogs break into his bags of fish food and eat all they can. Genes combined with this food made the beast called hogzilla.

Old 07-11-2007, 05:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: hogzilla not as big as we thought

That is crazy. What was the name of the program you were watching? I would like to try to record it.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not really sure. Like I said, I was just flipping through channels when I saw it. After commercials, right before it was about to come back on, it would say "exlporer." I'm sure you can find it on the Discovery Channel's website. If I find it, I'll post it here.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:43 PM
Typical Buck

Did you guys hear about that one that a 11yr old kid supposedly shot. It was in our paper up here and it was suppose to be bigger then hogzilla.They said it measured 9' 4" and weighed 1,051 lbs. Remember now hes 11 yrs old and he shot this hog with a .50 cal handgun. The hog was definately huge but I just dont believe an 11yr old could fire that .50 cal. That part sounded suspicious to me but I guess stranger things have happened. Any ways it was a HUGE hog. You could probably google it to find the info/picture.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ah. Yes. That was in our newspaper as well. But guess what? It's fake! That was a domestic hog raised to be huge. The people let them out in the woods, and they shot it, saying it was wild.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:27 PM
Typical Buck

No kidding. I had not heard that. That sucks. I dont know why people do that. For fame I guess. I would rather pose with an honest trophy that was really wild. I dont know about these people.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I know... You should watch that show if you can find. I did not see all of it I don't beleive. It's very interesting.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:11 PM
Typical Buck

Ill look for it thanks for info.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Chris_H

Ah. Yes. That was in our newspaper as well. But guess what? It's fake! That was a domestic hog raised to be huge. The people let them out in the woods, and they shot it, saying it was wild.

The term is "Feral" Hog...The hog was raised as a pet but then sold to the hunting outfitter who then in turn sold a "Feral" hog hunt to the guy who's son killed it less than a week later.

There was a big stink about it where I live which is about 10mins away from the outfitter, but the Department of Natural Resources ruled that everything was LEGAL in the selling, buying, transporting and hunting of the Hog.

I myself don't like that "type" of hunting but, I won't speak against it account I'll be sounding like one of those PETA people(which I can't stand).

Old 07-12-2007, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Really? Still legal, huh. My uncle just told me it was domestic, and they released it. I didn't get a lot of details.

Quick Reply: hogzilla not as big as we thought

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.