Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

96 degrees and still see deer

Old 07-08-2007, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default 96 degrees and still see deer

Today was 96 degrees here in mid-Michigan and im still seeing deer in the middle of the day in open fields. Ive always been told at those temps the deer wont come out until night. Guess you just never know.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:34 PM

Default RE: 96 degrees and still see deer

Saw four big matur bucks in the hayfiels Sat afternoon.....go figure
Old 07-09-2007, 05:51 AM
Fork Horn

Where do you expect em to be? In the A/C?
Old 07-09-2007, 06:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

They must be real hungry to be out like that.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeh they loveall of them new sprouts and greens coming up that this heat is producing!! Walt
Old 07-09-2007, 07:54 AM
Fork Horn

In Pike and Adams Co. down here in IL I can see a doe in a bean field at almost any time of day. I can't remember the last time I saw so many deer during the summer. Saw one brusier last Friday during mid day eating beans. Got the old blood bubblin' for the first time this year.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:31 AM

Here's some reasons I've heard and theories I have: Mosquitoes, this time of year the bugs are pretty bad in the woods and the deer may need a mid-day break. Wind; onhot and humid days, being out in the breeze and sun may be better than calm air in the shade. Water; I would think the heat effects nutrition requirements and whether it is a nursing doe or a buck growing antlers a mid-day feeding/watering may be required. I think it is asomewhat overblown in the fall when you have warm temps and the deer are supposedly not moving. I think it hasalmost as muchto do with how long hunters can sit on stand and not be walking aroundpushing thedeer.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

i was scouting yesterday in 98 degree heat and saw deer. no big deal here, since this is a normal temp. for us
Old 07-09-2007, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

That nocturnal thing sounds like crap.

I can see the headline now: "Global Warming Threatens to Reduce Daylight Deer Activity."
Every other headline these days is about GW. [:'(]

Sometimes a cold front will trigger deer movement or possibly the rut, and conversely hot temps may keep them close to water or shade, but I don't see deer shutting down at high temps and going nocturnal. We have plenty of 100 degree plus days in the summer and I haven't seen much difference.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

I saw a bunch of deer out in the midday heat in Richland County Illinois this past week. But, given the high numbers of deer they don't exactly have a lot of other places they could be.

Quick Reply: 96 degrees and still see deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.