Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Whats a better when it comes to Bigger Deer? >

Whats a better when it comes to Bigger Deer?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Illinois
14.58%
Texas
10.42%
Kansas
8.33%
Montana
0%
New Mexico
0%
Canada
66.67%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Whats a better when it comes to Bigger Deer?

Old 07-02-2007, 12:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whats a better when it comes to Bigger Deer?

no..not what I want to hunt...just states you mainly see on T.V..but yea Ohio & Mississippi
Old 07-02-2007, 09:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Def. would choose Ohio
Old 07-02-2007, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Body Size - Northern Canada; Rack - Iowa - Current World Record!
Old 07-02-2007, 12:16 PM
Fork Horn

Doesnt Minnesota have the2nd mostB&C Bucksever? I never really see it mentioned on these posts. I know the lower Mid-west is proud but I believe the deer are bigger in WI and MN. ???New Mexico??? I think there are like 25 better states than NM.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Has there been a larger rack recorded since the Hanson Buck???? It was taken in Sask. Canada. Please let me know. Are we talking typical? If we exclude game farms and look at large deer taken from the wild, I would beleive that Manitoba and Sask. would be if not on top but close to the top of the list. Don't forget, just saying Canada is an entire country and I don't beleive you can compare it to an individual state. Look at individual provinces for some produce far more than others.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]

MANITOBA CANADA HOLDS MORE POPE AND YOUNG TROPHY [/align][align=center]WHITETAIL DEER HUNTING RECORDS THAN ANY OTHER PROVINCE[/align]

Manitoba, Canada - Trophy whitetail deer hunting potential is one of Canada's best kept secrets. The Manitoba record for typical deer is 197 7/8. The area you will be hunting deer has produced hundreds of record book whitetail deer as attested by the Manitoba Bow hunting Records Club Book as well as the Pope and Young Record Book. One out of every thousand whitetail deer taken in Manitoba qualify for Boone & Crockett. During archery and muzzleloader seasons there is essentially no hunting pressure and very little during rifle hunt season. Manitoba is equivalent in land mass to the state of Texas and the total number of bow hunters that purchase an archery whitetail deer tag in Manitoba every year is roughly 3,200, muzzleloader hunting licences sales are roughly 6,000 and rifle whitetail deer hunt licences sold are roughly 35,000.

Just some info
Old 07-02-2007, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks for the info WTDreamer
Old 07-02-2007, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

[align=center][/align]

You will be hunting in Manitoba, a province having one of the highest mature trophy buck densities in Canada. Our whitetail deer hunting areas are located in the Interlake region, an area renowned worldwide for it's record book whitetails deer as well as in the southern and western areas of Manitoba, also well renown. The hunting area primarily consists of aspen forest with interspersed meadows. This combined with marshes and willow thickets allows many of the bucks to grow to maturity with very little contact with humans and in turn has resulted in a high buck to doe ratio. Whitetail deer in Manitoba are large bodied with typical large heavy massed antlers. It is not uncommon to harvest bucks weighing over 250 pounds and scoring 160 plus.

We are very fortunate here for our deer hunting numbers have been dropping. It is not unsusual to hunt an entire season on public land and not see another hunter. 3 years ago I harvested a buck that dressed out at 264 lbs. and I only came in third in the interlake area. I've seen some that would make your jaw drop.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:30 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: whitetaildreamer

Has there been a larger rack recorded since the Hanson Buck???? It was taken in Sask. Canada. Please let me know. Are we talking typical? If we exclude game farms and look at large deer taken from the wild, I would beleive that Manitoba and Sask. would be if not on top but close to the top of the list. Don't forget, just saying Canada is an entire country and I don't beleive you can compare it to an individual state. Look at individual provinces for some produce far more than others.
Yea, its tough to beat alot of places in Canada. I always wanted to hunt the bow only zone around Edmonton. Im thinking bout it for 08 or 09.

Hanson Buck is still tops.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Texas has good racks.

Quick Reply: Whats a better when it comes to Bigger Deer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.