HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   deer hunting with dogs (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/195080-deer-hunting-dogs.html)

Southern Buck 06-21-2007 01:09 PM

RE: deer hunting with dogs

[quote]Uhh, lets see, dog hunters are a bunch of lazy slobs who just sit in their pickups drinking beer and eating pickled pig feet until the dogs run a deer to the point of exhaustion and it comes to a complete stop 10 feet from the tailgate at which time they shoot it and then head back to the trailer park and leave the dogs to fend for themselves. And while we are on the topic of hunting with dogs, any kind of dog hunting that i have never done and do not understand is unsportsmanlike. Lastly, any form of dog hunting that causes the slightest disturbance within a two mile radius of where i am deer hunting should be banned. Does that sum it up for some of you fellas.[quote]

Lanse couchecoucheyou have no right to call any hunter if he or she runs dogs a lazy bunch of slobs ,you have no respect and you also have no idea of what me and probably a lot of other people think about you. Why does someone always have to start calling other fellow hunters names every year , this is rediculous. you need to go run dogs and find out all whats its about.

SwampCollie 06-21-2007 01:13 PM

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

Its not just the dog hunters in that 5%. I've seen people throw temper tantrums and get downright violent because someone dared to walk within 400 yards of their stand, or who gets their panties in a wad if someone puts up a stand anywhere near a property line, or if someone dares to ask to trail a wounded deer on their land. The fights over "ownership" of stand sites by people who don't even own the land can be both funny and disturbing.
Something about deer hunting that can bring out the worst in folks and make them engage in the hunters version of running over a little kid to grab a foul ball.
Very very well put.

Hunters in general (and lets not forget about tournament bass fishermen) are truely some of the greediest people I have ever met. Now, lets not point fingers. And there are of course thousands of big time exceptions. But I will say this....if I find a spot where the ducks are coming in like we were handing out free cookies...and its public water....my lips are sealed. Why? Cause I'm greedy just like everyone else is. That doesn't mean I don't spread the wealth. There are several folks I hunt with that I take to such spots, espeically ones with kids who are just getting into hunting. I found the place....and you can find it too. And if we meet each other there...then we'll share a blind and probably become good friends...but that doesn't mean I'm gonna post up the GPS coordinates for the whole world to see.

Lanse couche couche 06-21-2007 01:19 PM

Southern Buck,

That whooshing sound you heard was evidentally my comments going over your head. You might want to re-read my original post and my follow-ups and think about it a while, then get back to me.

NEW61375 06-21-2007 01:20 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: Southern Buck

[quote]Uhh, lets see, dog hunters are a bunch of lazy slobs who just sit in their pickups drinking beer and eating pickled pig feet until the dogs run a deer to the point of exhaustion and it comes to a complete stop 10 feet from the tailgate at which time they shoot it and then head back to the trailer park and leave the dogs to fend for themselves. And while we are on the topic of hunting with dogs, any kind of dog hunting that i have never done and do not understand is unsportsmanlike. Lastly, any form of dog hunting that causes the slightest disturbance within a two mile radius of where i am deer hunting should be banned. Does that sum it up for some of you fellas.[quote]

Lanse couchecoucheyou have no right to call any hunter if he or she runs dogs a lazy bunch of slobs ,you have no respect and you also have no idea of what me and probably a lot of other people think about you. Why does someone always have to start calling other fellow hunters names every year , this is rediculous. you need to go run dogs and find out all whats its about.

Southern Buck,
Lance is being sarcastic and basically lumping together a lot of the common responses you hear on "dog" threads. Read the link I posted earlier and you will understand. Besides, who doesn't like pickled pigs feet and beer. What if they could make pickled pig foot flavored beer or beer flavored pickled pigs feet? Now that there would be something to start a thread about, ummmmmmmmmm ummmmmmmmm!!

NEW61375 06-21-2007 01:22 PM

My quote attempt just went haywire.

NEW61375 06-21-2007 01:22 PM

ORIGINAL: NEW61375

My quote attempt just went haywire.
How bout now?

BKE 06-21-2007 02:18 PM

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

The only thing that should be legal to hunt with dogs is feral cats and then only on Sunday with a cross bow behind a high fence.
And the only vehicle allowed is a two wheel drive ford truck made between the years of 1972 & 1984 .[:o]

And Onlyany food that can be safely eaten aftersitting in a jar ona bar at room temperature for months on end can be consumed while partaking in this time heralded sport.The only thing that needs served chilled is the 30 pac!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The pickled eggs and polish sausage are already on the back porch so someone else is in charge of the beer.

Red Lion 06-21-2007 02:45 PM

In all seriouness if it is legal for someone to do it, then who am I to say they can not do so. With that said I personally do not find deer hunting with dogs to be attractive to me or very fair chase.

uncle matt 06-21-2007 07:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

Why am i not surprised to see Uncle Matt (AKA "the stray beagle slayer") pop up here.

I'll have you know that i do not consume pickled pork hocks while sitting in my pick-up waiting for the deer to come running right up to my truck. I have found that having a jar of pigs feet and a can of Pabst Blue Ribbon sitting on my dashboard causes confusion. Too many times I have been distracted by the baying of the hounds and end up chugging pickle juice instead of beer. It can get even more confusing since most dog hunters chew Red Man tobacco or dip Skoal and end up using an empty PBR can as a spitton. A mouthful of tobacco spit is even worse than the pickle juice.
So, those of us who are really traditionally go with pigskins instead of pigs feet.
:D

uncle matt 06-21-2007 07:26 PM

ORIGINAL: GRIZZLYMAN

Won't get much interest in this thread until the season starts and someone runs a dog across your land and spooks the 165 BC buck that you have been trying to kill for a couple of years.:D
There ya go. A dog runing across my land? Running off a good deer?

TARGET PRACTICE!