Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

does scent lok work?

Old 06-09-2007, 10:19 AM

Default does scent lok work?

im thirteen and have been hunting deer for 4 years i never use any thing to cover or any thing just me and i desent luck do u thank scentlok
would help
Old 06-09-2007, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: does scent lok work?

Don't waste your money is my opinon. I'm sure at 13 there are other things that you need for hunting more then scent lock.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:55 AM
Typical Buck

I agree with Mike, save your money for something else. Just wash your clothes in scent-free detergent and baking soda, put your boots on in the field and play the wind properly and you should be good.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Read the other thread about scent elimination clothing.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:21 PM

i agree. ive been hunting since i was just old enough to walk and not once have we ever used this new marketing crap that hides your odor. Dont be fooled into it.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is the best advise you'll ever get. Don't look for magic.

ORIGINAL: MO-KS_hunter

I agree with Mike, save your money for something else. Just wash your clothes in scent-free detergent and baking soda, put your boots on in the field and play the wind properly and you should be good.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

at 13 you might not have odor yet anyways...just kidding. Dont go with scent lok, for the price it just aint worth trying when there are proven methods like whats mentioned before.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

i'd tell you how great Scent Lok's were to if they were paying for my Canadian hunt'n trip

<cough>waste of money<cough>
Old 06-11-2007, 01:15 PM
Fork Horn

I own scentlok gear. I have not really noticed a difference. My best luck has been the sprays that I apply right before entering the field. Also keep your gear stored in something that will keepthem from absorbing scent. I have read too many studies done that refute the effectiveness of these products. Long story short- you will always have to play the wind.- Scent lok=not worth the $$$
Old 06-11-2007, 01:22 PM

ORIGINAL: j_beste

I own scentlok gear. I have not really noticed a difference. My best luck has been the sprays that I apply right before entering the field. Also keep your gear stored in something that will keepthem from absorbing scent. I have read too many studies done that refute the effectiveness of these products. Long story short- you will always have to play the wind.- Scent lok=not worth the $$$

Quick Reply: does scent lok work?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.