Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

big buck problem

Old 06-07-2007, 05:14 PM

Default big buck problem

i hunt with my grandpa andi use a 308 semi automatic to deer hunt with
i always seem to get nervous when i see a big buck any suggestions
i am 13

Old 06-07-2007, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: big buck problem

Time in the woods willhelp you control the shakes, but if you truly like to hunt whitetailsthey will never go away. You will learn to appreciate the thing known as BUCK FEVER!!
Old 06-07-2007, 07:13 PM

I have been hunting for 20 years and I still get nervous even when I see a Doe. The only way I learned to control the shake was to take deep breaths and take your time and a shooting rail. I want gun hunt out of stand that doesn't have a shooting rail.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:17 PM

It'll probably stay that way. I almost had an asthma attack after I shot my last buck just it happened so fast.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:16 PM

Too many beginners try to hold out for big bucks. I was taught shoot the first 20 or so deer you can. Get the experience/proficiency. Then target the BIG BOYS. Paper targets are easy. When the targets breathe, it gets a whole lot tougher.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:44 PM

I didn't kill my first big buck till i was 26 yrs old but never had the oppirtunity to until then
Old 06-07-2007, 09:15 PM

If I did'nt get that buck fever feeling I would'nt hunt.I always say to myself after I've seen the rack and determined that it is a shooter.Dont look at the antlers.It dos'nt really matter though because at that point im all jacked up.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:16 PM

If I did'nt get that buck fever feeling I would'nt hunt.I always say to myself after I've seen the rack and determined that it is a shooter.Dont look at the antlers.It dos'nt really matter though because at that point im all jacked up.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to let you know this but that pounding heart that you feel in your chest when you see that nice buck (never mind big buck...any deer)doesn't go away (at least I hope it won't). This year will be my 35th year hunting and I kind of look forward to that feeling. Just concentrate on your breathing and focus on the job at hand (harvesting the animal). Live for that moment and try to cherish it for there aren't many like it. Know that your practise at the range, all those mags. you've read, all those hunting programs you've watched have come down to that moment. Remember you are the dominate preditor and have confidence in what you are doing. Live it and love it and know you are so fortunate as compared to those that have never had the chance. You are a whitetail hunter. How's that for a pep talk?
Old 06-07-2007, 09:28 PM

Amen Brother Preach on

Quick Reply: big buck problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.