Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Sad trip to work

Old 05-24-2007, 05:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Sad trip to work

Well it was a sad trip to work this morning. As I was driving down Hwy 73 between Neillsville and Pittsville this morning I saw what I was hoping I wouldnt have to see this early in the year. A fawn dead on the road. The poor little guy couldnt have been more than a week old. I pulled my car over got out in the rain and pulled him over the shoulder and down in the ditch so children wouldnt have to see bambi laying there. This is the time we need to take extreme caution when driving early morningcommutes.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:15 AM

Default RE: Sad trip to work

that suck
Old 05-24-2007, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

One got hit on HWY 13 earlier this week in Rapids. The bears and wolves have them running. I almost hit one wolf chasing deer.Had i thought quicker i would have kept my foot on the gas. They claim there are 6 bears in town now(that they know of) And the scat has fawn hair in it.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:46 AM

Thats really too bad. I know you folks in WI really have a "deer meet car issue."
Old 05-24-2007, 12:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

I work in rapdius and live in neillsvilel so i know what youre talking about. long drive down some dark lonely highways a couple weeks ago I saw a very nicve sized bear on the north side of the road between pitsville and 186. Now that I have been keeping the cam in my car i dont see anything lol, well alive anyway. We have a sow with 4 cubs behind out farm. the dnr has to start issuing more bear kill tags or the problems going to get worse
ORIGINAL: furgitter

One got hit on HWY 13 earlier this week in Rapids. The bears and wolves have them running. I almost hit one wolf chasing deer.Had i thought quicker i would have kept my foot on the gas. They claim there are 6 bears in town now(that they know of) And the scat has fawn hair in it.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:08 PM
Host of Hosts

I hate seeing that!
Old 05-25-2007, 04:14 PM
Host of Hosts

I saw a Buck killed on the side of the road this morning. He had about 8 inches of antler with nubs at the ends.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator

Thats too bad, you did a good thing there...
Old 05-27-2007, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ive got some better news. Two of those bears got it so far on the hwy too. One on 13, and one on the 80.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is sad, but it's nothing like Arkansas, where I think they have the most roadkill in the country, but I imagine that ain't half as bad as hitting a moose if you live in Canada.

Quick Reply: Sad trip to work

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.