Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Place your vote!!

Old 04-19-2007, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Place your vote!!

I may be confused on this issue but is it the gun that killed the people or the kid that killed the people. Sure the gun has the ABILITY to kill a human, but hell, so does a block of wood. Did the gun run up in Virginia Tech and shoot the people or was it controlled by a human hand. They didnt ask this question when they talked to the Chief of the investigation. I am not totally sure buit I think it was in a hand being operated by someone. And operated wrongly. If the kid would have gone in and killed all these people with a knife would they be restricting the buying of knives? No. So why do they feel guns are the only thing to restirct. Heres an idea; just keeps the guns out of past criminal's hands.

One single person buys a gun, and kills a bunch of people, and everyone else in the world who uses guns appropriately has to suffer and gun laws get restricted. How can one apple spoil the whole bunch?? Just because one person did it does not mean we all want to go and shoot up schools. All of us HUNTERS have to suffer due to the crap that went down with a gun. Its amazing how one single event can change so much.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

And just because LAWS have been passed to restrict people from having guns, all this will affect is the honest people. (like us hunters) All the people that intend to do crime with guns will find a way to get a gun, no matter what. So in the end the only people that these laws would harm would be the honest good willed people like ourselves. Criminals do what they need to do to get a job done. And if it means stealing a gun, or holding it without being registered(oh, no!) then they will do it. What will it hurt if they steal a gun, they are going to kill people with it then kill themselves so stealing a gun is the littlest of their worries.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm up here in Canada where we have registration, its a list of the most honest law abiding ppl in the country and it hasn't saved a single life, how could it?
VT was a horrible tragedy that I don't want to belittle, but if I really wanted to kill dozens of ppl I wouldn't even load a gun, I'd steal my room-mates truck and go on a death run on the sidewalks of the city. What would they do then, ban landscape trucks?
Old 04-19-2007, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

To say that guns kill people is like saying spoons make Rosie O'Donnel fat
Old 04-20-2007, 04:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

If all those other students in Va. would have been packing too, they would have taken is sorry a$$ out, and there wouldn't have been 32 people killed!!!!
Old 04-20-2007, 05:28 PM
Typical Buck

ABC must not be happy with the way their poll is going it took me a few minutes to find the poll today. The results really do suprise me.

Here's another media source trying to make us believe that gun control is the answer.
The NUGE has an article that states things pretty well.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2099955