Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

If

Old 04-10-2007, 10:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: If

I posted the correct answer and indiana clued into half of my reasoning.

The curvature of the earth being the half he clued in on.

Butwho knows the other half of my reasoning. Please raise your hand if you think you know.

Anyone?

Anyone?

You in the back there with the different hair - do you know? Are you raising your hand or just stretching?

Well ................ ?

Old 04-11-2007, 05:18 AM
Fork Horn

This was just on the history channel yesterday. My thought is it is not true because I think the oglive (not sure how to spell that word) but it is the radius from the tip of the shell to the point of the bullet will give the bullet lift kind of like a plane wing.. Just my thought, I have a hard time believing the other..
Old 04-11-2007, 06:35 AM

This post is funny! I get to see how many people passed ninth grade science class!!
Old 04-12-2007, 09:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Anyone? Come on!
Old 04-12-2007, 09:56 PM

ORIGINAL: ReDoT
.... look at any bullets trajectory, even one fired in parallel to an assumed "flat" ground. the projectile, will ALWAYS shoot in an arch where its maximum height (y)....
I just want to hear it explained, could be good but I have to hear it. Do you have some data that shows how a bullet magically flies up in the air before it drops? Or did you get this from the side of the ammo box that has the pic of a guy holding a gun with the maker showing a arch on a bullet?
Old 04-12-2007, 10:04 PM
Dominant Buck

IF...An Elliptical Infinitive !

If my aunt had Gonads, she would be my Uncle!
Old 04-13-2007, 12:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hotburn, it is fact that a bullet's trajectory rises some and then starts to fall and THAT is the other half of my reasoning. For an ever so slight moment in time, the fired bullet would be going UP while the dropped bullet would just be going DOWN.

338, as much as the shape of the bullet that would make it go up - would also make it go down.

Class dismissed?
Old 04-13-2007, 03:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

it is fact that a bullet's trajectory rises some and then starts to fall and THAT is the other half of my reasoning.
what makes a bullet "rise" i think you a cornfusing line of sight and trajectory, and POI....[:-]
Old 04-13-2007, 06:08 AM
Typical Buck

The bullet rises because the barrel and line of site are not parallel. We make the bullet rise by adjusting our scopes or sites so that the POI is at our desired point thus causing the arched trajectory. If the barrel and scope were parallel, the bullet would start out approx. 1-2" low (distance from center of scope and center of barrel) and never cross the line of site.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:35 AM

A bullet never rises as it comes out of a gun unless as the last two have said are done. the bullet only falls after it comes out. The arch that alot of people see on the side of ammo boxes is to show you the bullets best long range "0" and how much it will be high before it gets to "0". When on the side of ammo boxes or ballistic charts it shows a 200 yard "0" but then at 100 yards it's +3. That means that the bullet had to be aimed three inches high in order to get to a "0" at 200 yards. If the gun is placed perfectly flat the bullet comes out and goes down, never up. You said in your post as much of the bullet is pushing it down as up. When there is a arch in a bullet it is induced by the shooter trying to "arch" there bullets in at long ranges, which we all do. Put a scope on your favorite long range caliber and then sight it in at 50 yards. start backing up to 75, 100, 150 and so on and you will see the bullet only goes down after it leaves the gun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.