Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Hunting partner or hunt alone? >

Hunting partner or hunt alone?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting partner or hunt alone?

Old 03-31-2007, 03:40 PM

Default Hunting partner or hunt alone?

I'm just seeing who here goes out with a hunting partner or goes alone. I really do not like hunting with someone else because I want to arrive and leave when I want to. I always feel obligated to abide the other persons time tables when I go with someone. That's why I hunt by myself 99.99% of the time. I'll take my kids whenever they want to go, but they know Dad is not on their time but they are on my time.

What about y'all?
Old 03-31-2007, 03:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Hunting partner or hunt alone?

i believe that hunting with a friend is the best because it seems that the memories that are made while hunting with a buddy last longer than the ones made while hunting alone.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gregholland

I'm just seeing who here goes out with a hunting partner or goes alone. I really do not like hunting with someone else because I want to arrive and leave when I want to. I always feel obligated to abide the other persons time tables when I go with someone. That's why I hunt by myself 99.99% of the time. I'll take my kids whenever they want to go, but they know Dad is not on their time but they are on my time.
+1 here.

I took a friend to my place in Oklahoma a couple of years ago, and it has become a "tradition" to him. I would love out of this "tradition" but can't see a way out without killing the friendship. My youngest son started going this past season, and now his son is wanting to go. The "tradition" is spiraling out of control.

Other than that one hunt a year, I am a hunting loner.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really enjoy both. I would say I hunt alone about 60% of the time and with a buddy (90% of the time they same buddy) the other 40%.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:24 PM
Fork Horn

When son is not on duty, he is my hunting partner....has been all his life. When forced to, the ole geezer does it solo. I too enjoy the camp life
of a group but fair pretty well either way....when alone and at altitude I simply pace myself and know my limitations.
Dan

Old 03-31-2007, 06:34 PM
Fork Horn

Most of the time it ends up being where i hunt alone, and thats alright. But, i really like when you get to hunt with your buddies and the time you get to share with them and the stories that are told. It is also nice if you are hunting a new area, because you can go over what each other has seen and you get a better idea of what your new plan of attack will be.

Old 03-31-2007, 07:20 PM
Typical Buck

I hunt by myself all of the time,because you dont have to worry if your partner is in the right spot or if he is up and walking around..I used to hunt with my brother in law,until i saw him shoot two does during buck only season.two differnt times...so i quit hunting with him and anyone else for that matter...I would love for my dad to hunt with me but that ain't gonna happen..I guess ill have to wait till i have my own kids...Don't think that'll be to long anyway.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:23 PM
Typical Buck

both are great. hunting alone i have tons of time to reflect, relax, and just enjoy God's creation.

when my friend and I go hunting, we get into some deep conversations (whispering that is) and just love sharing the memories.
Old 03-31-2007, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like to hunt both ways.......alone is always good to by alone once in awhile.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

i hunt with friends and family. we scout together and hunt together. we drive our own vehicles so we can come and go as we please but it's always more fun to hunt with someone else (especially when you could use a hand dragging a deer). not to mention it's much safer to hunt with someone (fall out of tree stand, snake bite, lost, etc.).

Quick Reply: Hunting partner or hunt alone?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.