Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer hunting the hard way!!!

Old 03-31-2007, 10:01 AM
Typical Buck

Default Deer hunting the hard way!!!

Some photos emailed to me.. When deer and automobiles collide, dont know if anyone was killed or hurt in these, but would have to guess they were..

Old 03-31-2007, 10:02 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Deer hunting the hard way!!!

another

Old 03-31-2007, 10:03 AM
Typical Buck

another

Old 03-31-2007, 10:05 AM
Typical Buck

another

Old 03-31-2007, 12:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

You know its funny someone shoudl post this, I drive 50 miles to work one way down one of the deadliest wi hiways for deer. Hwy 73 between neillsville and pittsville, then 13 from pittsville to Wi. Rapids. I have seen numerous car deer collisions its not funny. I travel this stretcht during prime deer movement. After having several near misses in the last 2 weeks I realized my deer whistels were not helping at all. So I bought a Hornet Deer Avoidance System. this thing is the best thing I have ever found. In the last week of having it installed My sightings of deer have dropped by atleast 80%. The system sends out a variable wave legnth up to 1700 feet and i tell ya, deer do not like this sound. I have never seen deer scatter back into the woods the same way they came like this untill i put this on and hooked it up. It will save alot of money and possible your life. check it out here xp3hornet.com. IT WORKS!!!!!
Old 03-31-2007, 12:17 PM
Dominant Buck

Yep! It happens on I-75 here in FLmany times! A while back in happened with a FL Panther close to my place.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

i always wondered how them work. i figured you would "out drive" the sound. example: when we are in pursuit of a fleeing suspect or running code to a traffic crash we have to be careful not to "out drive" our sirens. this happens when your driving so fast that by the time people hear the sirens, you are already on top of them. i know our sirens are audible well over 1700 feet and you don't have to be driving as fast as you think to "out drive" them.

so my thought was if you have one of them deer avoidance alarms on your vehicle, traveling at highway speeds (55-75 mph) and the deer avoidance alarm is only heard by deer up to 1700 feet.....you would be passing the deer before they had a chance to react to it. on the other hand, deer hearing is alot more sensative than ours.

interesting subject none the less
Old 03-31-2007, 03:37 PM

Those are some bad accidents.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:08 PM
Fork Horn

I am on a fire dept and the town next to mine had a lady wack a monster 10 pointer and then my town had a nice 8 pointer get killed the next night...... hmm i wonder how i knew the rut started!!! and ps dont hit a deer with an abumlance bc the chief gets madLOL
Old 03-31-2007, 06:33 PM
Typical Buck

haha...thats the easy way!

but in all that is an expensive way to hunt...thanks for sharing!

Quick Reply: Deer hunting the hard way!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.