Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

HELP WITH ETHICS

Old 03-22-2007, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: HELP WITH ETHICS

i personally wouldn't be shooting ANY firearm that close to a residential area. now i see no problem bow hunting in those area's if the hunter is aware of his/her surroundings and is a responsible person (being able to recognize a shoot/no shoot situation).
Old 03-23-2007, 01:28 AM

Sounds likeyour neighbors are doing all the work for you. Set up a few decoys in your back yard and get ready to hunt!!! I hunt in my fathers housing development and it is perfectly legal as long as I am so far from a dwelling. You might just have yourself a "honey hole". The only "Ethical" thing to do is not to leave the gut pile in your neighbors yard...
Old 03-23-2007, 02:47 AM

Ethics? My ethics are a bit different. If your jogging and you got deer eating salt blocks, Then that is not in a hunting area. Drop the bucks to bring the population down then. The does will turn lesbians or move out of the area. Ethical. There is no ethics involved on private resorts. Drop them. But don't brag about doing it.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:29 AM
Fork Horn

thanks guys for all the advice i will def keep you all posted!!!! i kind of wnat to ask for the other side of MY antlers LOL
Old 03-23-2007, 09:49 AM
jf5

Its up to the EPO really, but if your hunting around the area of these feeders itmight be considered baiting. I understand that in MA, feeding deer is OK, huting off it is baiting. Salt licks may fall under a different catagory. Off course all other weapons discharge rules woudl apply.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

egulations regardingbaiting vary from state to state.

Where you live is a critical element of this equation.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:46 PM

I live in a small patch with deer through out and I have a feeder in my back yard.To me it would be criminal to shoot a deer over ,near or around the feeder.Its just not fair to the deer.And if any of my neighbors shot a deer at my feeder they would be lucky if all I did was turn them in.To me the satisfaction is in earning the deer putting in the time.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:02 PM
Dominant Buck

Nothing to figure out here, hunting over bait is not fair chase, even where it's legal. Your neighbors who are setting out this bounty may even be breaking the law, some areas prohibit feeding wildlife out of concern for disease transmission, so you'd be best served not hunting there at all. If it is, in fact, illegal to feed game where you live then you're duty and honor bound to report them. Ethics can be a hard act to follow, but they're usually right.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kevin1

Nothing to figure out here, hunting over bait is not fair chase, even where it's legal.

Oh Puhleeease !
Whats the difference between hunting over a feeder or a watering hole ?
Before you stick your foot in your mouth, dont say the watering hole is natural, because a fresh cut corn field or a food plot or any crop is not natural either.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: zrexpilot

ORIGINAL: kevin1

Nothing to figure out here, hunting over bait is not fair chase, even where it's legal.

Oh Puhleeease !
Whats the difference between hunting over a feeder or a watering hole ?
Before you stick your foot in your mouth, dont say the watering hole is natural, because a fresh cut corn field or a food plot or any crop is not natural either.
LMAO!!! I won't touch this one!!!LOL!!!

Quick Reply: HELP WITH ETHICS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.