Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
First time tagging 2 deer in one year >

First time tagging 2 deer in one year

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

First time tagging 2 deer in one year

Old 12-12-2002, 08:53 AM
Spike

Default First time tagging 2 deer in one year

I am just posting this to say this year was the first time ever out of 22 years of hunting i tagged both a doe,shot on the first rifle day in Pa. at 7:00 A.M. and a 5 point shot on the first saturday at 11:45 A.M. I am so excited to put this much game meat in the freezer.The buck wasnt a trophy but after having a ruff archery season i figure a buck this year in Pa. that is big enough to harvest(New regulations) on the first saturday is meat in the freezer,i will save the big ones for archery next year. Just thought i would get the excitment uot on the table. I hope to get a picture posted soon here of me and the buck at least.Thanks HN.Com.

Old 12-12-2002, 08:56 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: First time tagging 2 deer in one year

congrats on the deer but is that all u get to kill and if it is why did u kill such a small buck

100%REDNECK
Old 12-12-2002, 09:00 AM

Congrats on bagging 2. It is really special. I know the feeling last year opening day at 7:00 am I got a 5 point buck and then at 3:00pm I got my doe. 2 shots, 2 deer on the same day. I couldn't go muzzleloading over the holidays then but I would do it the same if I could all over again. Just a great feeling to tag out. Congrats once again.
Old 12-12-2002, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats PAhunter.

cord, In pa, ceratin areas, big bucks can be next to impossible to come by. This place is steeped in tradition of shooting any buck, any size. It's hard to explain to guys from other states. We are working on changing things here but that's a whole big debate itself.
Old 12-12-2002, 11:30 AM

Congrats on the successful season!
Old 12-12-2002, 12:20 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-12-2002, 01:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

congrats...i live in PA too...this is only my forth year hunting and i bagged my first double in a year...well in a day too! i tagged a nice doe at about 8am the first day then a nice 6pt about 925am....its the greatest feeling in the world...even though the buck isnt the biggest in the school i still get bragging rights..nobody else tagged a buck and a doe all season let alone in one day...congrats to you...it seems the PA bucks that were taken were well worked for this year...seemed like alot less guys got bucks this year...with the new laws a few kids got lucky and got bucks that normally dont(sure i could be lucky but mine was AR legal i say they are lucky because theirs wasnt...)congrats on your double! it sure is great!
Old 12-12-2002, 01:20 PM

Congrats its always nice to see the frez. start to fill especialy when its venison
Old 12-12-2002, 01:46 PM

way to go PAHunter!!! My dad did that last year and he was like a little kid again. I myself was proud also cause I pushed the buck to him. He used to always worry about me getting one and not him. Now I sorta want him to get one before me!!! it's funny how things change as you get older.
Old 12-12-2002, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats, on both!!!!!!

"ATTITUDE REFLECTS LEADERSHIP, CAPTAIN!"

Quick Reply: First time tagging 2 deer in one year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.