Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Camo storage

Old 03-08-2007, 07:58 PM
Spike

Default Camo storage

where/how do you guys store your camo gear in the off season. Do you just keep it in your garage, closet, or attic? does it matter so it does not pick up scent? do u spray any stuff to kill the scent when u start hunting again?
Old 03-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Camo storage

Out of the nine deer seasons I have participated in I have yet to not get a deer. I store all my hunting clothes downstairs under the stairs (hung up). I dont wash in any "scent killer" detergent or shower with scentless shampoo (I like to smell nice for the deer). My theory on deer and human scent is this... if a deer gets downwind of you regardless of what your wearing hes gonna know somthings up. Their noses are just too good, so hunt the wind and they will never know your there. Plus a lot of that stuff costs a bit of cash so you can save there... just my thoughts that work for me
Old 03-08-2007, 08:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use two big plastic storage bins to put all my camo clothing in and I'll throw in a couple of those sent waffers ( earth sent ) with them along with some cut pine branches.
Close the lid up tight and put it in my basement until needed for spring turkey season.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

i keep my Camo's in the shed with the rest of my hunting gear (minus my guns and bows which are inside the house). hell...back when i smoked, i would smoke in the stand and still kill plenty of deer. Scent Lok and other products are a joke. just another way to seperate people from their hard earned money. hunt high and use the wind to your advantage...that's the secret.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:49 AM
Spike

you guys just saved me some money!!!!
Old 03-09-2007, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I store my outerwear in a storage room off the garage in those plastic totes. The shirts andpants and such I'll wear more often through the fall so they hang in my closet. Everything gets washed a few day before season in the scent free detergent, not really sure if it helps much but I bought a can of it a few years ago to try. Playing the wind is the most important thing I think.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:43 AM
Spike

I use a plastic container to keep my camo in and I use the HS Scent away bags during season for my main camo.

They both work good for me. Oh and I put in the earth scent wafers in them.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:14 PM

I put mine in a couple plastic totes. And for those of you who hunt where there is a lot of cedar tree's around cut one of them down and cut chunks of wood from them and store them in the room/tote/bag. Come season they literally come out smelling like a cedar tree. It's kinda like a cheap cover scent.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Use plastic totes, each organized for type of camo and/or article of clothing. I put in a earth senct and pine wafer in each plastic tote. This will eliminate any basement or garage smells that occur with day to day living.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:08 AM

I douse my clothing and boots in Jack Daniels, blow some smoke from a cig on it and throw it on the shelf in the shed out back. ON a serious note, I wash in the scent reducing detergent and store in a couple of bins.

Quick Reply: Camo storage

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.