Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
My hunting weekend and brothers rare KS buck Pics >

My hunting weekend and brothers rare KS buck Pics

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My hunting weekend and brothers rare KS buck Pics

Old 12-09-2002, 10:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default My hunting weekend and brothers rare KS buck Pics

Well, Friday I went out to the Flint Hills to hunt some deer with the rifle. The landowner has been seeing a droptine buck for the last 3 years on his land, and said every year it's getting a lot bigger, and now has 3 droptines. Plus He found a big droptine 22 ptr. by my stand last season that got his antlers caught in the fence.

So I was pretty pumped to go out, only downside was that I had about 1500 acres of deep ravince, valleys and plateus to hunt, and not enough time to get around it all. On the secnd draw a hunted, I climbed up to the top, grabbed a couple rocks and threw them into the ravine below. I heard some deer running out. A buck stepped out about 125 yards away and stopped facing directly away from me. So I turned my scope up to 9 power, put it back on him and tried to whistle and get him to turn. Instead he took off on a sprint across the plateau. And I just missed him, pulled behind him. He didn't have any droptines, but a huge perfect typical frame, something I'd rather have. Probably the biggest typical I've ever seen. But he'll be there next year.

Then saturday morning, my 2 brothers and I hunted some of my spots around the house in some pastures. I drove into a feild about a 1/2 mile, parked the truck and then about 40 yards from the truck, the deer just happend to be running in fron of us in the feild. Around 10 does and 4 bucks. My gun jammed after a couple shots, but after it was done there was a couple bucks down. My brother killed a weird looking 11ptr, that was really dark and had no throat patch. I've been told it is a melanstic deer(Opposite of Albino). It had 8" bases. But even though I didn't get a big one I was hoping for, I had a lot of fun in the rifle season! Just click the links to see the pics.

Also the kid in the pics is my nefew/godson.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SwDhA...00502535969003

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SwDhAvUXlauacC7F0UPbBQC5k0jU0CGxuL81hIi5XhLbzc!or Qk5mwFXC0z6t3S!xsKqjAEuk3!saKVhvcq4N0Vib*8Byq*T5ay QZLIW9SKSB34PovEOyw/jeremybuck2.jpg?dc=4675400502539968095

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RQDdAqoVGQUd8HPeipp60*2HtjItNpbjEYUGxj9qvleKgP7ll PeYavyB!o0Wpbxbnfh7CDB4u0T*W2wjQX8RPnTIZRA4*D0BQ3K z05oDVLE/bucks.jpg?dc=4675400502533753118
Visit My Hunting Page
Old 12-10-2002, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My hunting weekend and brothers rare KS buck Pics

Thats a great looking buck Congrats to your brother.
Old 12-10-2002, 11:34 AM

congrats to your brother. a unique deer.

Later
Gone_Huntin
Old 12-10-2002, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is an interesting deer. Congrats to your brother. And to you....keep practicing. j/k Better luck next time.