Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Check out this video...

Old 02-27-2007, 06:22 PM

Default RE: Check out this video...

Anyone up for a lion hunt? Makes you just want to wrestle one with a bowie knife, doesn't it? That is pretty crazy though.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:38 PM

[blockquote]
[blockquote]
[blockquote]
That was CRAZY
[/blockquote][/blockquote][/blockquote]
Old 02-27-2007, 07:28 PM

wow, that would be intense!!!
Old 02-27-2007, 08:54 PM

This may sound stupid but how come they all had rifles? Don't you think it would be smart for someone to have a shotgun?
Old 02-27-2007, 09:09 PM

SHOTGUN ????? For 500lbs of pissed off *****???

That may work for Leopards, but lions are a subject all their own. Maybe, just maybe, a 10ga with a slug will work in close. Forget buckshot.

He should have followed up more quickly with his second shot while the cat regained his feet and looked around. The PH should have been on that cat the minute it got up after the client shot. Thats what he's paid to do; back up a clients so-so first shot.
Everyone was very, verylucky to have walked away from this one.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

I like the way they all high 5 each other and hug and cheer. Yeah we wounded a lion and then it almost killed me. Hooray! The PH should have his license revoked and the hunter is lucky to be alive, not only from the lion, but from all of the shooting during the attack. MORONS!
Old 02-28-2007, 12:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

That Lion was high fenced, and from whatI read at the very end of the videowas somewhere in Colorado. Am I mistaken?I too, was rooting for the Lion. That's NOT hunting in my eyes.[>:]
Old 02-28-2007, 02:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Defiantley not Colorado it did happen in Africa.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

If that's the case Charlie, my bad.But thatlion is fenced in for sure. You can clearly see a gate not very far from him in that video. Like I said, that's not hunting in my eyes. That cat should have gotten a pieceone of those goof balls! Hunting?PPFFFFFFF Not hardly![&o]
Old 02-28-2007, 03:50 PM

I agree with you, Virginia Mike, the PH should have his license revoked ASAP. Any professional can see that the PH screwed up ROYALY!!!
I did not notice the gate because I was paying close attention to the lion's reaction and that of the PH. I'll go back to see the fence/gate.
If in fact it is a fenced in lion, that would explain the half-hearted charge.
A wild african lion wounded like that would have stayed all over the hunter he hit and chewed/clawed him until both were dead!! I have two friends who have hunted africa several times. I've heard the details to the point where I've got them memorized. That lion acted wierd when he charged. Not the usual lion frenzy explained to me.

Quick Reply: Check out this video...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.