Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scoring question

Old 02-25-2007, 06:54 PM

Default Scoring question

my deer had a tine that splits off into two seperate points towards then end. My question is, how do you score them. do you measure both as abnormal ordo you count one as part of the tine length and the other as abnormal. if someone could give a rough score that would also be nice (look at the avatar if you need a different angle)

Old 02-25-2007, 10:19 PM

Default RE: Scoring question

I believe you would determine whiich is the main point there and take the length of that for your normal point. Any point coming off of that would be abnormal. If your just gross scoring it really doesn't matter whats normal and not as it won't be deducted.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Agreed you need to determine the G3(in this case) and the other measurement will be added into the abnormal column for final gross score (net it will be a deduction).

By the picture my guess is the fork going forward is the abnormal growth. It appears as though it iscoming off the main(G3) tines vs the back fork which appear to follow the G3 line. (if that makes any sense!)

Old 02-26-2007, 02:18 PM

it just looks like that in the angle of the picture. Both points grow off at about the same angle.

to Hiawatha:
I mostly care about the grossscore but someone told me it may be able to get into theB&C minimum awardsandB&C onlycare about net scores.

Old 02-26-2007, 02:23 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hiawatha

I believe you would determine whiich is the main point there and take the length of that for your normal point. Any point coming off of that would be abnormal. If your just gross scoring it really doesn't matter whats normal and not as it won't be deducted.
Thats how I would score it.

I also have a scoring question that id like to ask though. I shot a half rack this year. would the net score be 0?