Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
You people aren't THAT honest. >

You people aren't THAT honest.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

You people aren't THAT honest.

Old 01-02-2002, 03:17 PM

Default You people aren't THAT honest.

Everyone in here says how they will turn someone in for something illegal before the deer hits the ground. I don't believe all of you. Sure some would but most of you are just blowing smoke to make yourselves look good. Most of us know right from wrong and whats legal and illegal but guess what, your not all law enforcement officers. I'm sure your intentions are good, mine are too. Probably we've heard of illegal things and didn't report them, in everyday life we've probably seen things. I just wish everyone would stop preaching about how good and ethical they are. I'm not buying it.
Old 01-02-2002, 03:26 PM

Default RE: You people aren't THAT honest.

You sound pretty pissed off about something Janc...Guilty Conscience???????????/
Old 01-02-2002, 03:27 PM

I think that a lot of people on this board would. Where we hunt, I wouldn't if I did catch a poacher. We live too far away to control what they would do to our land and our cabin. I haven't been here long, but anyone willing to help out complete strangers would turn in someone for doing something illegal. Or at least that what I think.
~Cody
Old 01-02-2002, 03:32 PM

janc, that's exactly why I thought about my response to that question before I posted it. Who are you to tell me what I believe? I'm not here to tell you that I never break the law: I drive like my a$$ is on fire. I've been known to drink too much and drive, and let's not even go in to my college experiences. But I'll tell YOU one thing, I don't know you and I don't care what you think about me. With the anonymity given me by this forum, I can sit here and type whatever I want (truth or lies) whether you like it or agree with it, so why should I say something that I don't believe? I never claimed to be an officer of the law. I probably wouldn't pass the background check. But the last thing I need is some pencilneck telling me all about myself. If you don't think I'd turn you in for poaching, c'mon down and try me! I'm out!

Edited by - GoTres on 01/02/2002 16:37:06
Old 01-02-2002, 03:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'll do more then turn them in.If I have the chance I will set someone up thats doing wrong. I've been known to befriend a poacher ,then set him up and have the wardens waiting and watch him get nailed.Yep a snitch,I like to think it as being a undercover citizen.I got one this past year shooting a deer with a gun in archery season.
Old 01-02-2002, 04:25 PM

With as much bad press as hunters get we should be laying off eachother and using our efforts to keep our sport alive. Just for the record I have never turned anyone in. I think getting busted may be the only motivation keeping many from poaching so even if we really wouldn't turn someone in putting up the image that we will may stop it from happening. The danger in saying anything else may give the image of condoning poaching and I'm sure none of us want that.
Old 01-02-2002, 04:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Janc, why would you even make a post like that here. it doesn't fit in and you should delete it.
Old 01-02-2002, 05:27 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-02-2002, 05:38 PM
Fork Horn

C'mon tell us what you REALLY think!
I am dumbfound by comments and bewildered why you would post such commnets without having full knowledge of those making the post. Are you that cold and synical that you no longer take people for their word? Sure, I'm sure there are those who will post something and do another just as there are those who say one thing and do another but hear THIS - you poach and I catch you - I'll turn you rear end in and let the law sort out the details.
Old 01-02-2002, 05:57 PM

Man if everone would just do there part in conserving what is "given" to us. Then this artical wouldn't even be needed. The laws are in place for a reason. And I honestly can't say that I don't see the reason behind everyone of them. And belive me I know 99% of them for the game I chase in my state and another I have a lfetime liscens in. I study them. Because I sure don't want to be the one to say Well I didn't know that, and loose all of my privlages. I also want hunting to be a big part of my sons life and what better way to teach him how to follow laws and rules then to teach him through hunting. JUST DO YOUR PART and enjoy. It will be much more satisfying I promise.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.