Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
You people aren't THAT honest. >

You people aren't THAT honest.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

You people aren't THAT honest.

Old 01-03-2002, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: You people aren't THAT honest.

Vc, my friend you always bring up interesting debates! I agree with you here 100%.

Pistoltrainer, I think you helped prove Vc's point exactly, which law do you break? See by tracking that wounded animal across a property line, you are breaking the law plain and simple. Therefore, by most of the opinions expressed on this board, you'd be poaching.

What Vc points out is everyone here can claim they would never tresspass or poach but if their wounded deer crossed a property line, they would most likely keep on going.(illegally I might add.) Hey, I'm not gonna lie, I've done it before and I'll do it again, when I'm trailing one and he crosses the line, I'm never slowing down. But then again, I'm the one on the "wrong" side of this debate anyway.

Old 01-03-2002, 09:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Pistoltrainer-you overlooked the third and best option.Contact your local conservation officer.He will try to contact a landowner then whether or not he can reach them, he will accompany you to the private land to recover your animal.In this way you break no laws and won't get any hassle from the landowner.

Edited by - stubblejumper on 01/03/2002 22:42:30
Old 01-04-2002, 05:21 AM

HEY EVERYONE! We dont need each other at each others throats! Did you ever hear of the phrase "Divide and Conquer!"? Believe this-- the ANTI'S can get to this site and many others to use this sort of talk against us! I'm not an angel by any means, but GOD knows I do try! If I find someone on my land when they are not supposed to be there, I ask them 'WHY'. Then, if I find them again, I call the law. Just a talking to by a sherrif will usually keep them off the property for good and then they tell their buddies the same. NO PSYCHOLOGY LESSON---NO HIDING BEHIND CODENAMES--NO GUILTY CONSCENCE--NO TYPING LESSONS---JUST DOING THE BEST I CAN WITH MYSELF AND TRYING TO GIVE A HAND TO SOMEONE WHEN NEEDED--JUST STATING MY OPINION BECAUSE I CAN AND YOU CAN--IT'S CALLED FREEDOM--WE HAVE IT AND WE NEED TO KEEP IT! THANKS!
Old 01-04-2002, 10:04 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Pistoltrainer-you overlooked the third and best option.Contact your local conservation officer.He will try to contact a landowner then whether or not he can reach them, he will accompany you to the private land to recover your animal.In this way you break no laws and won't get any hassle from the landowner.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
The problem here in PA is that the Conservation Officers, at least in our area, do not want to be bothered with wounded critters. We called them when my son (then 13) hit his first deer which traveled only about 150 - 200 yards into HEAVLY posted land, and we called the guy who postes it (Not the absentee landowner) and that guy, a public school teacher, refused us permission to go after the deer.

We learned later that &quot;That Great Sportsman&quot; went after it himself, finished off the disabled animal, and claimed it as his. The CO said, its not an issue for us.......deal with it yourself.
My son really wanted his 1st buck desperatly, but we did not go after it. Since that time we have 'wised up'. If we have to trail a wounded animal, &quot;we do not look up to see where the property lines are&quot;.

Here the CO won't even go on privet property to invistagate poaching with the land owners permission, which we learned when my son observed a &quot;hunter (?)&quot; shoot 2 doe the first day of buck season, take one leave the other one lay. When we called the CO's they came, but would not go investigate till we found the farmer (landowner), and got his permission!!!
Old 01-04-2002, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

VC111 is controversial by nature. He doesn't care who is divided or conquered. He only cares that everyone thinks he is right and that when he leaves he has imparted his &quot;hoolier than thou art&quot; views on everyone with in shouting distance. Pretty self-righteous huh. Try to ignore him. People like him try to start conflict under the mask &quot;being ethical&quot;. When it comes right down to it, he just wants to cause trouble. VC111 is the very person that janc was addressing in the first place.

Edited by - silentassassin on 01/04/2002 16:32:54
Old 01-04-2002, 02:05 PM
Fork Horn

Let me offer a example of how one good sportsmen handled the private property issue AND a state line to boot.

A deer was seen running in a panic and it leaped through a picture glass window of a house, went through the house and crashed through a sliding patio glass door. A clear blood trail lead away. The trail crosse the state line AND onto my property. The man call a Mi. warden and explained what had happened. The warden came out and checked the house and blood trail. In the interest of dispatching the animal he told the Ohio hunter he could follow it up as long as he had blood sign. Well the warden stoped to talk to me and explain the situation. I already knew this warden and no problem with it. I even went along and helped track. We tracked it for over 500 yards before the blood faded away.

The point is this Ohio hunter did everything right and got co-operation at every step. And he was legal at every step even though he was for most of it in a closed season state that he had no license for at all. And had we jumped that deer while still haveing the blood trail the warden had told him he could finish it (shoot).

If the land owner is not helpfull you should turn to a warden for aid. Not for you to decide for yourself. Then you are in the wrong.
Old 01-04-2002, 02:27 PM

Look at the people turn out when they think their honor is at stake. I never singled anyone out so don't get all uptight. Gee, I guess if you don't reply to something in the first five minutes your considered to be one who posts and runs. I have to work people, can't sit at a computer 24/7. Anyway. I could get all upset because people say I have a guilty conscience, thats not what this post was about. I do own my own land and don't post it at all. It's nature and I want people to enjoy it. Sure there are plenty of deer on the property, luckily there isn't a huge poaching problem in my area. I just simply stated that everyone here isn't as holy as the preach themselves to be. Just a matter of fact. Look into it, more people don't report a crime than do, so the majority here can't fall into the undercover cop column.
Old 01-04-2002, 03:11 PM
Typical Buck

Hey janc, I really don't care if you are buying it or not, you have not been here long enough to make any comments on the great group of honest hunters we have here. Maybe you should not be here.
Old 01-04-2002, 03:22 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-04-2002, 04:16 PM

Oh i see. You have to be here for awhile to be any good at something. Mmmm interesting. If you've been married longer than me does that mean your better at it? Hardly. I've been here long enough to know whats going on. Sounds like you are worried about someone stepping on your thoughts.... Too bad. It's a message board and thats what its for.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.