Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

bad year for hunting

Old 12-08-2002, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default bad year for hunting

any one else having an bad year of hunting?
Old 12-08-2002, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bad year for hunting

I have had a good year but it has been tougher this year. The acorn crop here was very heavy and the deer did not seem to move around and feed as much.
Old 12-08-2002, 06:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

i had my best year in my life here in PA...the acorns i hunt in oct are bad too so i didnt score in the youth early rifle doe season but the first day by 930 i had a big fat doe down and my first buck! a nice little 6pt! now i got 6 days and one doe tag to fill..i dont mind if i dont fill it but will try a few days..this years been my best...first time too score 2 deer in a season...first buck..first double in a day..if you hunt nuts you are in for a bad season unless yours arent bad....good luck..dont give up you never know when your luck will change!

Old 12-08-2002, 07:00 PM
Fork Horn

its been terrible for me all ive got is a doe got 2 months left thow

100%REDNECK
Old 12-08-2002, 07:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think I've seen more deer this year than I ever have at this time of year. Had 18 in a food plot Friday afternoon.

Old 12-09-2002, 03:31 AM

BAD YEAR,whats that try this for bad year on our way up to bowcamp some idiot crosses the center line and smack's my camper totaled it
we decide to go up anyway's after we took care of the camper we get up there set up camp that very same night my brother in law light's up the heater in the tent and puff be gone there goes my tent so now I have to sleep in my truck I can deal with that 2 day's into the camp and then the knockout punch while bowhunting I draw on a nice buck and snap my bowlimb breaks hitting me in the face giving me 15 stitches and a ridiculus doctor bill and ending my bowhunting.Finally rifle season I get to go everything going good until opening morning get to my blind,it break's daylight and I hear one coming in and BLAM some trespassing nut not 20 yard's from my blind shot's now if that dont make you bonk your head on the roof of your blind having someone shoot that close a few unchoice swear word's and smashing out of the blind just to see the idiot going 90 miles an hour with a deer in tow
and since then I haven't seen not one %*%()_(*&#@^*deer after that.
signed almost POSTAL
Old 12-09-2002, 07:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well bow season was the ultimate for me this year, my first bowkill after three bow seasons, gun has been a different story, I had one shot at 25 yards and MISSED!!! First miss in over 20 years, somehow between opening day sight in and then my sights were knocked way off, over 6 inches high at 20 yards and steady climbing the further out it went, still have until Jan 4 so I have not given up at all.

The Tazman aka Martin Price
Founder and President of
Virginia Disabled Outdoorsmen Club
Old 12-09-2002, 02:14 PM
Fork Horn

I have had a good and bad year. I have seen more deer than ever but never benn close enough to shoot them.
Old 12-09-2002, 03:11 PM

If you'd have asked me that last year I would have concured! but this year has been great.

I shot a beautiful 8 point in November. Seen lots of game and I still have plenty of season left. In addition, I've been lucky enough to do a little waterfowl hunting inbetween deer hunts. Have grounded several greenheads and limited out on geese more than once.

Hope your season picks up.
Old 12-09-2002, 05:44 PM

Absolutley horible! WIND!!! every time moring or evening it has been blowing like crazy.

I had a chance at a great buck but I never heard him coming and by the time I cought him about 40yrds to my right he sented me! Didn't even get my gun up.

Horible as far as no deer but very thank full and happy to be able to get out in to the great outoors.

Happy Hunting.

KEEP HUNTING THE GREAT OUTDOORS & GOD ALIVE, PASS IT ON!

Quick Reply: bad year for hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.