Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

question

Old 02-17-2007, 08:41 PM

Default question

this probably sounds really noob but i have to ask. You can shoot slugs through a cylinder bore barrel right. You just cant shoot regular shot through a slug barrel or am i completely wrong. I just bought a slug barrel + scope combo for my Mossberg 500 8 shot but it doesnt fit. Is it possible to make my gun into a 6 shot because i cant seem to find any barrels made for the eight shot. someone please help me
Old 02-17-2007, 08:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: question

that sucks it dosent fit. Hopefully someone on here can give you some advice. I think I just picked up that same combo(walmart??)....if so I love mine. I took a hog with my slug barrel this afternoon. Good luck to you. Hopefully you can change out the shell tube.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: question

You can shoot slugs or shot through a smooth bore. If you shoot shot through a rifled barrel the shot will foul the rifleing badly and have a negative effect on your slug accuracy. I can't even guess what the rifled bbl would do to your shot pattern. Unless you are dead set on a rifled bbl I would just shoot slugs through the bbl that came with your shotgun. Use the foster type. They are much cheaper and should do the job very well out to 75 yards. Good luck.