Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What are deer doing now?

Old 02-15-2007, 09:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default What are deer doing now?

I have a question, what are deer doing now after the rut and everything? what should i hunt? feeding areas? i have 80 acres and 2 stands and a blind, all of them with feeders and corn everywhere. What time would be the best to hunt them? should i use a call or not or just wait? any tips? ideas?

Thank you
Old 02-15-2007, 09:51 AM

Default RE: What are deer doing now?

They are eating and hanging around food sources in order to make it through the winter. Find a food source or a travel corridor from bedding to food and hunt that.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

If the conditions would not allow for still hunting, I would get on a stand. If I were headed out in the early morning hours, I'd go to the bedding areas and try to get there before them. If I were going out later in the day, I think I'd set up near a food source. But my favorite places to stand hunt are in the funnels. Many times even under high pressure you'll find them there, at least passing through.

Where is it still hunting season?
Old 02-15-2007, 01:07 PM
Fork Horn

yea in arkansas it ends the 28th so in the mornings hunt the food and afternoon or so the bed?? lets say about 3:00 PM what would yall do?
Old 02-15-2007, 06:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

In North Dakota, they are mostly shivering.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

In MN they are herded up in the heavy cover to get out of the cold and wild. They'll come out mainly early in the morning or after dark to feed, drink and then head back to the thick stuff. Here it Black Spruce swamps in the North and cattails and thick wood in the farm country.
Wow, I'm amazed there still is Deer hunting going on this time of year. Ours ended mid-Nov. for firearm, except muzzleloader was into early Dec. I think. Interesting.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Trying to survive. Thats what deer are doing right now.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Getting killed on the roads in central wi. seems to be alot of deer left in central wi. to be expected for haing the worst season in history.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:06 AM

ORIGINAL: MinnFinn

In MN they are herded up in the heavy cover to get out of the cold and wild. They'll come out mainly early in the morning or after dark to feed, drink and then head back to the thick stuff. Here it Black Spruce swamps in the North and cattails and thick wood in the farm country.
Wow, I'm amazed there still is Deer hunting going on this time of year. Ours ended mid-Nov. for firearm, except muzzleloader was into early Dec. I think. Interesting.
Your right about the deer we have in MN.A buddy of mine that lives Big Lake way, has seenover 100 deereach in a couple of farm fields early morning before light and when on the way to work.
ML season actually starts the Saturday after Thanksgiving and goes for two weeks into mid-dec.
I do wish that we could hunt longer than 12/31 and at least a few weeks into January.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are all logged on to AvoidHunters.net talking about their strategies for next season.

Quick Reply: What are deer doing now?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.