Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Pa Doe w/ Cardeer Necklace & Pic >

Pa Doe w/ Cardeer Necklace & Pic

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Pa Doe w/ Cardeer Necklace & Pic

Old 12-03-2002, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Pa Doe w/ Cardeer Necklace & Pic

Monday was the first day of the PA deer season. I'm fast approaching the BIG 30 this year and have never taken a doe. I have taken several buck both archery and with rifle, but always have had bad luck in with the ladies. Well yesterday, armed with my cardeer necklace I set out to change that. After seeing several deer that I could not get a shot at, I saw 2 deer approaching thru the snow. I waited until the bigger one stepped into an opening and at 8:20, I shot a doe at 40 yards. She later dressed out at 140lbs. On the day, I saw 35 deer, 1 buck, that did not make the new 4pt restriction. In our group of 5 hunters, we took, 3 adult mature doe and 1 4X2 buck. It would have been a 4X4 had it not had 2 points broken off.

Overall I think we had a great day. We all passed shots on smaller yearling and button bucks, waiting for good deer to shoot. We saw 4 other bucks that did not meet the criteria and I saw 1 doe walking with 3 button bucks.

Here is a picture of the deer, notice the necklace hanging in my right hand.

Thanks Cardeer.

Edited by - pops423 on 12/03/2002 08:09:42
Old 12-03-2002, 07:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Pa Doe w/ Cardeer Necklace & Pic

Congrats on the doe pops, there is no better eating than a doe! BTW why do you call yourself "pops" at the tender age of 30?

The Tazman aka Martin Price
Founder and President of
Virginia Disabled Outdoorsmen Club
Old 12-03-2002, 07:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

wow,thats a nice doe,congrates.Better then my day ,seen 1 button buck in 12 hours.
Old 12-03-2002, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tazman,

When I had my daughter a few years ago on april 23rd, a good friend of mine started calling me 'Pops' and it sorta stuck. So here, I am Pops423.

Cardeer,

Yes, all the deer I saw were in good shape. We hunt a farm that is open to the public that borders a park that also allows hunting. I saw about a dozen guys throughout the day. Thanks again for the good luck charm.

Old 12-03-2002, 08:35 AM

Nice deer congrats!!!

" Anyone can be a father, but it takes a real man to be a Dad"
Old 12-03-2002, 10:06 AM

nice deer. That is one big doe. Can someone explain the cardeer necklace thing to some of us that are new to the board. I have read several posts that mentioned it and a little confused as to what it is, where it came from, and what its purpose is.
Old 12-03-2002, 10:21 AM

Congratulations on your deer.
Old 12-03-2002, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the big doe.
Old 12-03-2002, 02:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

congrats! i have trouble with the bucks until yesterday i scored on my first burck and 3rd doe within 2 hrs! i had a good day see about 10 deer while hunting 2 or 3 running on the drag out and between me and my dad got 3 of the 10 or so...my dad could scroed another doe and maybe his buck but a 2 mile drag killed us with 3 deer let alone more!..congrats on your doe! looks like mine from the size of hte head and everything...i dont know what she weight in at...congrats again!

Old 12-03-2002, 03:55 PM

Hey congrats on the deer. I went out in the PA opener and did pretty good. I was the first shot of the morning with a 140 pound doe and then at 11 I got a 200 pound 6 point

Quick Reply: Pa Doe w/ Cardeer Necklace & Pic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.