Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

burn out

Old 01-14-2002, 09:22 PM
Spike

Default burn out

Anyone get burned out. I hunted from September through January 6 in Georgia every weekend plus two full wekks of vacation and had a great year but nowback home in florida i can't seem to get my mind set. I went this past weekend and just could not get focused. Anyone else have this problem? How do you get refocused?
Old 01-14-2002, 09:50 PM

Default RE: burn out

I also hunt in Georgia and was getting burned out towards the end of the season. One thing I done was go to a friends hunting club and just hunt different areas.
The other thing I did was get a Deer-Cam. Now it is like hunting season is starting all over again!
Old 01-15-2002, 03:50 AM

I think we all get a little burned out if we hunt enough.Pork chop has a good idea it takes away from the actual hunting part but also keeps you going.I use to get burned out getting up early every morning to go turkey hunting with my brother.He would seem to get burned out first and quit for a day or two.
I don't know how many times I scored when he
took off that is what eventually kept me going you never know you just have to keep pushing yourself.Good Luck
Old 01-15-2002, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

No burn out here. The season is over but I did my best the last three days. I had more action those days then I did during the gun season. Plus I had to deal with 10 degrees and zero windchill. For some reason I love battling the cold weather.
Old 01-15-2002, 10:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

WHEN I WAS STILL IN HIGH SCHOOL EVERY WEEKEND MY BROTHER AND I WOULD GO TO MY UNCLE HOUSE AND GO BEAR HUNTING IN THE BLUE MOUNTIANS IN SOUTH EASTERN WASHINGTON, TALK ABOUT A WORK OUT. WE HUNTED EVERY WEEKEND IN THE SEASON AND BY THE END OF IT IT WE WERE SO TIRED FROM GOING UP NAD DOWN THE STEEP HILLS. BUT ON A GOOD NOTE WE WERE IN REALLY GOOD SHAPE BY THE END OF THE SEASON.
Old 01-16-2002, 05:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Larry like you I was reaching a burn out point towards the end of our season, I too had taken two weeks vacation, one week for opening of bow, and the other for opening of gun. I hunted every weekend and almost every afternoon. Once I got my dink 4 point the burn out disappeared.

The Tazman
Old 01-16-2002, 09:21 AM

I also found my self getting burned out. It was also coupled with frustration as the deer sightings greatly diminshed towards the end. The last 4 hunts I did not see anything.
Old 01-16-2002, 11:54 AM

I had burn out once, then my hunting buddy said the one phrase that keeps me going in the woods, even when I don't want to....He said "what if today is the day that a P&Y or B&C class buck walks under your stand?" That'll get you thinkin'!
Old 01-16-2002, 04:47 PM
Typical Buck

I had burn-out the last day. I left the farm about 3 pm after not seeing but one all day. He was running about 1/2 mile away. On the way home, I stopped to get the kids a pizza. Between the shopping center and the schoolhouse about 1/4 mile away, I saw the biggest 1 all season. He was a good 8 or 10. I have been kicking myself ever sense. No, I couldn't have shot him, but I just wonder if something like him walked under my stand the last afternoon. Good Luck. Capt Brad.
Old 01-19-2002, 12:01 AM
Spike

THanks guys .I took a break for a few days now good as new. part of the problems was I went from hunting my private farm in Georgia and seeing deer almost every day, to hunting WMA here were ther have only been 13 deer killed all season.

Quick Reply: burn out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.