Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Why do hunters rip on each other? >

Why do hunters rip on each other?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Why do hunters rip on each other?

Old 01-13-2007, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why do hunters rip on each other?

It's human-nature. People like to b*tch, that's all. Arrows, broadheads, bows, camo, big bucks or small. And that's just bowhunting! I go on airgun websites and see the same exact things.I see it happen with bowfishing, (recurves vs. compounds, spincasts vs. retrievers), on the roads, with how different people drive (my wife and I drive TOTALLY different, but when we talk to each other about it, we both have very good reasons for why we drive the way we do). People generally just like to disagree.

I think alot of it is cowardice. If someone was standing face to face with alot of these 'disgruntled' posters, I bet they would word their post/answers alot differently than they do. It's easy to say alot of crap when your sitting behind your keyboard safe at home 100's of miles away from the guy you're judging or insulting.

Personally, I don't post too much that can be argued about. I know what works for me, and I know where I hunt and if I want to change something, I'll change it. If not, I'll leave it alone. I don't care what someone in Backwoods Mississippi or Frostbite Minnesota thinks about it. If I want to shoot a big bodied buck with a small 6-point rack, I will, or if I want to 'waste' all my either-sex tags on does, I will. But I know it would start an arguement with somebody if I posted something about it here,so I won't.

And BTW, the only reason I would think someone is lucky for shooting big deer is because they're lucky enough to have the property that holds them to hunt on. I wouldn't necessarily think they're 'better' than me by any stretch. I think I'm a good hunter, having gotten myself within bowrange of moredeer this year than any other previously. The problem I have with getting close to bucks is that the land I hunt is public-land and has been for decades. The bucks and older deer are mostly all nocturnal, because of the heavy amount of human traffic in the area. You can see some really nice bucks out in the fields at night when you drive by, and you'll get a glimps of one here and there during the rut, but that's about it. Just because I can't get close to them doesn't mean they aren't in there, or that I can't get close to them on my own. If I had exclusive access to the area, I bet I'd see alot more bigger bucks because I know where to look for them at.

I would never try and take away something from someone that shot a nice big buck on private land. My hat'soff to you guys, and if I could do it, I would. But don't go putting mine down because it's something you wouldn't have shot. If I shot it, it was good for where I hunt and it was what I wanted to shoot. I didn't shoot it for you anyway.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:09 AM
Typical Buck

"Can't we all just get along" Rodney King awnser NO
Old 01-13-2007, 06:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

. I don't neccesarily think all hunters with a big rack on the wall are more skilled, they just getluckier sometimes .
LMAO it must be luck!

Those who shoot big deer also consider themselves better
That's just spoken like a true idiot.

p.s. garbage this is how hunters end up ripping on eachother.

Old 01-13-2007, 06:49 AM

I'm jealous, I'll admit it but I don't rip on someone else who has done it because how does that benefit me? Willthat make me feel better, no. I've seen some pretty nice comments on here for the most part.

One day I will hit the foot hills of Montana with my Mule deer/Elk tag though!
Old 01-13-2007, 07:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

A lot of the problems arise from hunters being brought up hunting with different legal methods of hunting. You have die-hard bowhunters (both long bow and compound), rifle, shotgun, and muzzle loaders. From that you have dog hunters, man drive hunting, legal baiting (including corn, sex lures, food plots, etc), legal enclosures, stands in the woods or food ploters. Some people just can't accept hunting unless it is the way they hunt.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:33 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

A lot of the problems arise from hunters being brought up hunting with different legal methods of hunting. You have die-hard bowhunters (both long bow and compound), rifle, shotgun, and muzzle loaders. From that you have dog hunters, man drive hunting, legal baiting (including corn, sex lures, food plots, etc), legal enclosures, stands in the woods or food ploters. Some people just can't accept hunting unless it is the way they hunt.
Very True!
Old 01-13-2007, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

To me...it's a simple answer to your question. Many think that they know everything and cannot look outside their little world.

Things are different all over.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am puzzled why people feel the need to rip on one another.I would guess typically it is either out of a feeling of inadequacy or a need to defend what they have always done. I am pretty set in my ways but I do have an open mind.If someone can demonstrate in a considerate manner why I may want to see something differently I respect that and I am all ears.
And as a couple of others have stated,if someone is consistently killing big deer legally luck is a very small part of that equation.Luck is where hard work meets opportunity.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Remember its the quality not qauntity of your post count.

Only you can prevent "Stupid Posts" from being deleted.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:09 AM

ORIGINAL: outdoorslover
Those who shoot big deer also consider themselves better. That trophy doesn't mean a thing to me if you can't appreciate more than the competition or the rack. I don't neccesarily think all hunters with a big rack on the wall are more skilled, they just getluckier sometimes .
I guess I'm the excption to the rule. I dropped this 13-pter on opening day last year with a 20 guage on public land and I'll be the first to admit that it was pure luck! Due to school constraints, I had been to the spot only once before and found a thick down tree right near a bunch of track and decided to give it a shot.

Since all my hunting clothes was still back at my parent's house in Ohio, I hunted in long johns, jeans, Wolverine steel toe work boots, long sleeve shirt, an old denim coat with a collapsable $10 Cabela's orange vest over top and an orange stocking cap. I'm pretty damn sure I was the least professional/experiences looking hunter in the woods that day walking in, but when I dragged out my buck, I think I looked a little better... that is until I put him across the back of a 2-door cavalier

The only reason I even saw him was because someone/something must have spooked him because he ran into my field of view frequently glancing backwards over his shoulder as he was running perfectly broaside to where I was sitting. He slowed to a walk directly in front of me not more than 40 yards out and the only part that involved even the least bit of skill on my part was my shot which punctured both lungs and hit his heart as well.

If anyone were to ask me the difference between myself and any other hunter in the woods that same day, it would be luck, 100% luck and nothing more. For me to claim superior hunting ability and skill would be as ridiculous as a powerball winner claiming they won based on numerical picking skills!

PS. the blood-stained cavalier in the background is the one I mentioned that I drove him through downtown Des Moines on. You'd be amazed the looks you get when you're driving a buck (or a doe this year) through Des Moines at about noon on Saturday! Everything from flipped the bird to fist pumps with fist pumps out-numbering middle fingers by a slim margin.

Quick Reply: Why do hunters rip on each other?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.