Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My Problem

Old 01-11-2007, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default My Problem

Well last month I got real lucky and shot a huge Buck in a small little area. This was a great time for me as my area is not noted for real big deer, as we only have small lots behind houses. So after all the hand shaking and the pats on the back were over one of the guys in my club started driving around and his idea of hunting was to find where my truck was parked and know where I was hunting. Now he and his friends and any one else he can tell are all over my little 30 ac. spot. Now I don't own this spot so I don't have the right to make them leave. He is disabled so I fear to give him a ass whoping as I might kill him. But I tell you I have giving thought to giving him a couple good thumps. What can I do he is a slob hunter and so are his friends obviously, and they run around this little area like mad men and don't sit still they are running the deer out of the area completly. I also found he was in my treestand and shot and never recovered a spike buck which one of the neighbors found and it was cyote bait. he told me he shot a deer and coulden't find it but it was only 50 yards from my stand. I don't want to get into trouble for doing something I will regret latter but I am at the end of my rope and I don't know what else to do. Any real suggestions would be apprecated. Mike
Old 01-11-2007, 10:19 AM
Spike

Default RE: My Problem

It may not be your land, but it is your stand, I definately would put a stop to somebody else sitting in my stands. Really there isnt anything you can do about him hunting that spot if you do not own it. Maybe tell the landowner about the whole spike incident and maybe he will not want him hunting there anymore...
Old 01-11-2007, 10:37 AM

I feel you man. The same thin is happening where I hunt. We have permission from the owner to hunt there. There are these hics that do the same thing...litter, piss, make noise, ruin the hunt for us legitimit hunters. These guys we deal with got permission to hunt there over 20 years ago, before the last owner (current owner's father) died. We approached the current owner and got in writing that we had permission to hunt/fish there. It also states that to his knowledge; no other people were granted permission to be there. These guys also shoot doe on a buck only day, and never even bother to look for them. This guy is disabled too..he has a heart condition. Are we talking about the same place...sounds like we have a similar problem. LOL. I wanna beat these guys a$$es too, but we maintain civil conversation. This hic even threatened my Dad..which deserves an a$$ beating in itself.
I would talk to the owner if I were you, and see if you can get these guys uninvited so to speak. They may not even have permission to be there...especially if he is bringing un-invited friends to tag along. You may also try talking to the guy to "persuade" him to locate another spot, or alternate hunting days...but if he is ruining it like you say...that will do no good. I feel your frustration!!! Try to remain nice as long as you can. Appear to be the bigger man and the more ethical, polite hunter, and you may get the place all to your self eventually.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:40 AM

Arent you the guy trying to move to Georgia? You need to come on downhome buddy!!! You will be welcome in our state.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:58 AM

If you know someone that owns the property, tell them right way before things get worse later. Landowners are responsbile to check everything to be sure there is no conflict with other hunters who do not care about others & their property. Even landowner can report them tosheriff for trespassing, etc. That will help most of time.

We are in progressing to buy 20+ full wooded acres and of course we will have to put up 5 foot wire fences around itbecause there are other hunters go there without seller's permission for years. Post the signs will not work.. It will cost us money to put up fences but we will do one at a time when we come up with funds.

Hope things work out for you and me, too.

Deaf Hunter
Old 01-11-2007, 11:04 AM

Give him a thumping mike, I here you about the public land but him using your stand, thats a no,no , its a dame shame with all the mangement areas sombody got to follow you around like a little kid to see where your hunting area is[:@]
Old 01-11-2007, 11:17 AM

I would suggest that you disassociate yourself from him and his pals. I would confront him, but not be threatening. You could also speak with the land owner regarding whatever "agreement" that you have in place. I would hope that the landowner would have some concerns if he was letting "slob" hunters, who are careless on his land.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

well i would go and make a lot of noice right under them for they can not see any deer.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: killzonearchery

well i would go and make a lot of noice right under them for they can not see any deer.
The problem with that approach is it could result in an arrest for hunter harassment... This is really something that needs to be worked outwith the landowner. If it's public land, not much you can do.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:20 PM

Mike,
Since you both belong to the same club, I'm assuming( dangerous!) that you two are well aquainted. My initial approach would be a one on one conversation with him in private. Maintain your temper, but be firm about how you feel. Explain to him that his ethics regarding your area/stand are unacceptable and you are appalled by his actions towards another fellow club member.
Maybe a bit of guilt will cure his indiscretion.

Quick Reply: My Problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.