Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Finally pics of my 06 buck! and my biggest. >

Finally pics of my 06 buck! and my biggest.

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Finally pics of my 06 buck! and my biggest.

Old 01-09-2007, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default Finally pics of my 06 buck! and my biggest.

Hey this is my 2006 rifle season buck. well here goes, this last bow season i ended up losing a nice 7 pointer and never found it, raining, and lost the trail, made a big search and nother, ne way, then shortly after that we ended up getting kicked off of 40 acres we hunt becaue the lady's nephew didn't want us in there cuz he was gunna start hunting. so i ended up sneaking in on my cousins property, with about 5 acres of area to hunt in some thick slashings. i cut a couple of real skimpy shooting lanes and figured it was worth a shot, well sure enough opening day, i got a doe that stepped into my lane at 330 that afternoon, so i was happy. Then through sunday i passed up 4 does, event hough i had tags, i really wanted to get a buck this year. so then monday came, and i hadn't seen anything in the morning which was depressing, but i hunted till 11, went and got some lunch, came back out at 12 30 to sit the rest. it was about 330, and nothing seen again, and then i was looking behind me for some reason, and i saw about 3 does, then all of a sudden i see these horns walking through the woods. he was in the thicket, and the does started heading away, and i figured he'd follow them since he was in rut, but he kinda grazed a bit, came into an opening, POW! i saw him hunch and start walking real slow. I could have shot at another doe, but i was worried about dropping him first, he gave me a second shot, and i took it, he went down like a box of rocks! lol. turned out when we skinned him the first shot was a heart shot, i didn't know that, and the second shot went through the gut, richocheted up into the neck. this is my biggest buck!!! At first when we got kicked off the land and losing that buck, i figured my season was pretty much done, but god proved me wrong

Kyle

Old 01-09-2007, 06:49 PM

Default RE: Finally pics of my 06 buck! and my biggest.

Nice! Congrats!
Old 01-09-2007, 06:50 PM
Fork Horn

oh :P btw hes a 6 point, 13.5 inch inside, around the bigger horns base it is 6 inches around!!, dressed out at almost 200 lbs. we're guessing about 4 years old
Old 01-09-2007, 07:04 PM

nice deer, good luck next year.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats, that isa beautiful buck. I am amazed at how similar he looks to my first "big" buck. Look at the similarities.
7 point, 12 1/2" inside, 6 1/4" bases

Old 01-09-2007, 07:37 PM

That might be the most mass I've ever seen on a 6pt.
Congrats on a nice buck!
Old 01-10-2007, 08:04 AM
Spike

Awesome deer. That is a great buck.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

nice buck, congrats
Old 01-10-2007, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great job. Lets see you top it next year!
Old 01-10-2007, 08:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

GREAT job Bushmaster ..... man I love the buck but your BIG OLE SMILE is what makes our sport GREAT .... CONGRATS and NOW
"YOU DA MAN" !!

dd

Quick Reply: Finally pics of my 06 buck! and my biggest.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.