Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Climber ?

Old 01-14-2002, 06:04 PM

Default Climber ?

Looking for a more comfortable climber, I like the looks of summit stands but could use info whats your favorite?

A mans gotta believe in something I believe Ill go HUNTING
Old 01-14-2002, 06:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Climber ?

I have a Summit Viper Extreme and it is very comfortable. If possible try out a stand like you are considering for a day.
Old 01-14-2002, 07:32 PM

For comfort you cannot beat the Tree Lounge, as has been stated here many times.

Yes, I know MANY will come on, saying they are to heavy, to noisy, they slip, and many other coments. Still there is only one for comfort...........The Tree Lounge!!

As to heavy, the new ones are very much lighter in weight. As to noisy, that depends on how you handle them. Yes, there are ones that are much more quiet, but your lucky to be able to spend 2 hours in them.

As to slipping, I believe all the reports I have read have been due to "user error". Only time mine ever slipped on me, was one time I tried to "hang it on a knot on the side of a tree". Of course it slipped off, and I dropped bout 6 to 10". Fault of the Tree Lounge? NO!!! With my hunting gear, I am about 290 to 300#'s when hanging there, and if its going to move, the weight is bound to move it!!

The biggest objection I have to it is that you hang so far from the tree. Especially, if you are standing in the Bow Hunting Adaptor.

Comfortable. You Bet!! On several occasions I have spent 12 to 13 1/2 hours in mine without comming down once, and was comfortable the whole time!!!

There are some that are more quiet while climbing, but NONE as quite for spending the hole day in. THEY SIMPLY DO NOT SQUEEK & CREAK WHEN ONE MOVES IN IT!!!
Old 01-14-2002, 07:39 PM

For a light but strong, easy to set up and take down stand that is comfortable, go with Summit!
Old 01-14-2002, 10:37 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-15-2002, 04:03 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
hey pistol trainer i have a couple of questions for ya..i have seen the ads and infomercials on tv and have heard all the people saying great things about the tree loung but when you sit in it from what i have seen you are allmost lieing down in it..does this make it hard to shoot out of???and what about bow hunting out of it??
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
Straight shooterIf one wants, it can be hung almost horozintal, however I always hang mine at a steeper angle..........hangs much more stable that way, and you sit almost normal..........sit up straight enough that I shot my one buck out of it this year sitting up.

As to bow hunting from it, it has available, what they call a bow hunting adaptor, which I would not be without even for rifle hunting, which is a platform that attaches to the lower section, on which you can stand up, and make bow shots to 300+ degrees.

Old 01-15-2002, 09:42 AM
Fork Horn

I have a Warren & Sweat Imperial CamLok. It's great.
Old 01-15-2002, 10:36 AM

I have the Summit Cobra and love it the most comfortable stand I have ever owned.It is also easy to work.
Old 01-15-2002, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Summit Bushmaster and find it to be comfortable for however long I plan to stay in the woods. Quiet, easy to set up and for me its a rock solid stand.
Old 01-15-2002, 05:46 PM

I got the Warren and Sweat Cottonwood for Christmas this year. It's heavy, but I sat in the thing for 8 hours my first time using it the last day of the season. It is comfortable!

Quick Reply: Climber ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.