Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How often do you eat venison??? >

How often do you eat venison???

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How often do you eat venison???

Old 01-05-2007, 09:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: How often do you eat venison???

I have about 6 steaks to a pack. I have about 5 packages left. I have about 6 days left to get another deer. If not I will be saving my last tag for soup..[:'(]

The kids and Ieat it about once a week. If I had more I could eat it everyday. Anyone got any extra steaks, Have truck will travel..
Old 01-05-2007, 11:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Two of us will eat 6 or 7 deer per year. Sometimes we'll eat it 4 times a week, but probably average 2 or 3. We generally run out just before bow season starts again in Oct. We will also give away a few packages, but most of it we eat ourselves.

Here's one of my favorite recipes.

Flour and brown a couple ofpounds of meat, steak or backstrap, it doesn't matter.

Put in a pot with water, put in a cut up onion, and stew the meat. Later add a package of stew mix, a can of tomato sauce, if you want a can of stewed tomatoes. Cook slowly til meat gets tender and starts to fall apart.

Serve on a bed of white rice.

Try not to eat so much as to make yourself sick.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

As often as Mrs. Six cooks it.

Usually more during the fall and winter and less during the rest of the year. Right now, I'm having a roast or steak a couple times a week. Once my jerky meat is done freezing for another month and ready for curing, I'm sure I'll be woofing down a good bit every day.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:16 AM
Fork Horn

We usually will have venison 3-4 times a week,We make up alot of Burger
with it,So it goes with Chile,Spahgetti or just plain burger's
Yesterday the wife put some backstraps in the slow cooker along with a
can of pinapple chunk's (juice also) With a toch of Tarriaki sauce and some water,Let it cook all day.
Cook up some Rice to go along with it(put the juice's over Rice)
Salad on the side
Man that make's a very fine meal
Darn that's making me hungry for it again and it's 7:00 am
Old 01-06-2007, 09:53 AM

ORIGINAL: zrexpilot

No lie, we havent bought any meat other than chicken, or sandwich meat, since early November.
I made a 100 lbs of deer sausage back then, had a 180lb hog proccesed, one deer, and processed 2 more myself. My feezers are busting out. Just ate some sausage for dinner, had deer steaks last night, and will have some of the hog pan sausage for breakfast tommorow.
That would be cool to do both in one season. I'm going to have to try it, after all I love pork chops also.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:58 AM

once or twice a week. its amazing to have a year supply of the best meat for dirt cheep

we use it to make spaghetti and tortellini more then anything.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:22 AM

i eat it everyday if we have lots
eat lots of jerkey got half of this years deer made into it
Old 01-06-2007, 12:03 PM
Typical Buck

If I have it I eat it at least 3 times a week. My problem is I tend to eat it all too soon and have to wait until hunting season to get more.
Old 01-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

Me the wife and two kids eat it 2-3 times a week. We are allowed 12 a year down here. Between me, my father-n-law and my wifes Uncle and Cousin that's a possible 48 animals. We took 13 all together last year and i took 3 this year. I have a 150 cubic foot freezerfull. And i still have a week left. We serve it at family get togethers too, so we eat a lot of venison. What we have left after filling our own freezers goes to Grand parents and we usually donate one or two to the local shelter. I eat maybe 50 bucks worth of beef in a year. We raise our own chickens and i have a garden. We eat fish and small game pretty regular too as we have a 5 acre pond.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:14 PM

Venison is delicious, no doubt about it. I think that the key to good venison is not overcooking it. It's best medium. I eat it maybeonce a week. We have to start eating more because that freezer's fuuulllll.
We had some left from last year.

Venison beats any other meat hands down.

Quick Reply: How often do you eat venison???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.