Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting Baited Woods Fines

Old 01-05-2007, 01:22 AM

Default Hunting Baited Woods Fines

What do you all think, too low or should of been more!.

Two men and one teen shotgun hunting a baited woods. A salt block at one end about 200 yrds from one of the stands, and alot of corn around a tree by the other stand. One man was fined $ 125.00 for himself and $125.00 for the teen for hunting a baited woods. The other man had already shot a doe and was fined $250.00 for it ,$125.00 for hunting baited land, and $125,00 for the teen which was his son. Two game wardens busted them. The land they were hunting was right next to a conservation area
Old 01-05-2007, 04:24 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Hunting Baited Woods Fines

Poaching fines in general are too low , there's no incentive for the scumbags to worry about getting caught since in many cases they'll be paying the equivalent of a speeding ticket . There's also not enough of them getting jailed .
Old 01-05-2007, 04:24 AM

You break the law you pay the price. The rules are in place for a reason and they got what they deserved.... [:@]
Old 01-05-2007, 06:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

If that is what state laws call for then they got the penalty. I think in Alabama it is about $450.00 for baiting.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, is baiting illegal in the area? I am guessing so if they got tickets. Some places, baiting is legal and a way of hunting.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dont know the fine for baiting here but I believe the doe the guy got caught with would have cost him around 1200 to 1500$ here since it was shot illegaly.A buck woulda cost double that.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:31 AM
Dominant Buck

Why should the buck cost double ? A dead deer is a dead deer . In my state they make a poacher pay $500 per deer in restitution just to compensate the state for the loss of a deer regardless of it's gender , and that's on top of the fine(s) and court costs . Unless fines are stiffened and jail terms are added poachers have little to fear , it's hard enough just to catch them . Once they are caught they should have to suffer both financially as well as losing some freedom , that's what we do to criminals , and criminals is what they are .
Old 01-05-2007, 08:49 AM

DANG RIGHT!!! We have these hics that hunt the farm land that we do, and they might as well be poaching. They shoot deer and never even bother to look for them, and we are talkin about 300-400yd radius. My dad has found two does that were freshly shot/dead. One of which was on a non either sex day...thats poaching. We called the DNR to file a report. They said that they were not comming out there...take it to the deer cooler if you want, or dispose of it. We didnt want to waste the meat, so we paid the 55$ and got some more steak. These hics have also littered the property with 50+ Mountain Dew cans, and a plethera of scratched lottery tickets. It pisses me off when somehunters (dumb hics with guns calling themselves hunters) have no respect for the land or the wildlife. These guys should never be allowed to hunt again. Its like the guy below......" I onna shoot me a deer tonight"

Old 01-05-2007, 08:52 AM
Fork Horn

Just because it illegal in your state doesn't make it morally wrong. So I live on the border of a state that allows baiting and one that doesn't. The guy 20 feet away from me is baiting and is a proud upstanding member of his community and I merely 20 feet away on the other side of the border am a criminal who should have the book thrown at him? Things are wrong because they are morally wrong not because some jack*ss wrote alaw saying so. If the laws do not agree with the morals of the people then the laws are injust. I don't bait, its illegal in NY anyway, but to imagine that I would encourage the persecution of a fellow hunter because he threw some corn down is beyond belief. I used to live in Michigan and they baited like there was no tommorrow, yet I didn't feel they should be arrested or were unsportsman like. The book should be thrown at people who commit acts that everyone believes are wrong regardless of where you come from, not because of where you live. If they were spotlighting trophy racked deer at night from the roadside I could understand the attacks and so would everyoneelse but geez, they took a doe and were looking to not get skunked. If anything I pity them for having to resort to such stuff to get a doe. To suggest they are criminals is ridiculous.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:45 AM

I think the fines they recieved are just. But what an example to set for the teen. The dad should have gotten a fine for teaching his kid wrong.

Quick Reply: Hunting Baited Woods Fines

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.