Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Free Spell Check Program Works In Forums >

Free Spell Check Program Works In Forums

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Free Spell Check Program Works In Forums

Old 12-27-2006, 07:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default Free Spell Check Program Works In Forums

Happy New Year to all here in the forums. I have enjoyed being a small part of this forum for a little while now.Occasionally there has been discussion (sometimes constructive...sometimes destructive criticism) about spelling and grammar we sometimes use in here. I know I have been guilty of using a misspelled word or two. Sometimes these errors cause us to become impatient with "violators" of bad grammar causing bad feeling on everyone's part. So, good news...there may be some help out there that works with huntingnet.com. I do not profess to suggest that huntingnet.com endorses this program or its use...I have never discussed its use with administrators. I used to use this program I am about to describe with huntingnet.com, but when I boughtmy new computer recently, I lost it and couldn't remember the name of it. But, I recently stumbled the spell check programso I want to pass it along to all of you before I forgetand maybe you will find it as useful as I have.

The program is called "ieSpell". It is a freeware (meaning it is free to download and use) and you can find it at http://www.download.com/3000-2378-10208550.html?part=14291&subj=dlpage&tag=b uttonwhich is the CNet website. You can also read about it on the CNet website. It works with Internet Explorer and I believe this is the only web browser it works with. I know it does not work with Mozilla Firefox because I have been using Mozilla on my new computer and it didn't work with that browser.

You will find that it is easy to download and install and is as easy as any spell check that comes with Word, Wordperfect or any other word processor. It will put a little check mark in a button box with "abc" written in the box when you are writing a post or replying to a post. The box will be to the right of the font size arrow. I have found it to be a pretty darned good spell checker too...particularly considering the price. It won't help with the grammar part of your post, but it should clean up some of the spelling mistakes. I hope you all find it as useful as I have.

If you find this program helpful, let others know about it and occasionally repost a message about the program when you see that someone might benefit from its use. I am going to post a duplicate message in a few other forums to start this out. Again, everyone have a Super New Year and HAPPY HUNTING!!!!!! (geeze I hpe thre are no speling mitakes...)
Old 12-27-2006, 08:36 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Free Spell Check Program Works In Forums

Download Google Tool Bar and it has it on there, ABC check.