Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Carbon activated clothing - Fox News investigates! (VIDEO) >

Carbon activated clothing - Fox News investigates! (VIDEO)

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Carbon activated clothing - Fox News investigates! (VIDEO)

Old 12-23-2006, 01:18 PM

Default Carbon activated clothing - Fox News investigates! (VIDEO)

I thought you all would be interested in this.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/myfox...Y&pageId=4.1.1
Old 12-23-2006, 02:51 PM

Default RE: Carbon activated clothing - Fox News investigates! (VIDEO)

that was definately interesting. it seems to me it's a load of crap after seeing the testing they did w/the dogs. but then again some ppl swear by it, who knows?
Old 12-23-2006, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've seen this video before and Some love the stuff others think its a marketing ploy . I think you still need to hunt the wind a deer will smell you any way . sometimes they are use to human smell and don't get alarmed when they smell it
Old 12-23-2006, 03:04 PM

ORIGINAL: NiceAndBlue

that was definately interesting. it seems to me it's a load of crap after seeing the testing they did w/the dogs. but then again some ppl swear by it, who knows?
I think the dog test doesn't really matter, dogs have a much better, I mean extremely outstanding sense of smell, much better than a deer's! Also, those were police K9 dogs, trained to sniff out a human. It's a totally irrelevant test.

I still beleive if you wash up with scent killers, cover yourself with carbon clothes, follow all the procedures, etc. you will have some advantage.
Old 12-24-2006, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not sure about a dogs sense of smell being "much better than a deer's". Maybe, maybe not. A deer's life often depends upon his nose. I believe a deer categorizes odors into either o.k. or not o.k. If not o.k., he's gone. To me the dog test is relevant (human odor is human odor period) and the whole scent elimination stuff is crap...just very effectively marketed to part you with your money. You think all the deer killed over the last century fell because of bad luck? Hardly. IMO, woodsmanship, hunting skills and common sense is your key to success...not gimicky stuff. Forget the wind, just hunt...P-L-E-A-S-E!!!!!!!
That being said, we live in a capitalistic society. Go for it ScentLoc or ScentBlocker. If I would have come up with this "scheme" I'd be laughing all the way to the bank. Use what you want boys, it's a free country.
Old 12-24-2006, 08:22 AM
Typical Buck

i bought into it when i first started bow hunting.
now i just use the non odor shower stuff and the non scented laundry soap and try to stay down wind of trails and in the shadows. still see deer, and still get close too.
not saying thats scent lock will hinder your hunt but i now believe that it doesn't give you that much of an advantage.
just my 2 cents thou
Old 12-24-2006, 10:26 AM
Fork Horn

This really a tough subject. After reading and seeing videos about how it doesn't work I still use it. In fact this fall while bow hunting on our lease, I was getting suited up and we got into a discussion about this stuff and if itworks or not. I believe that with all the testing thats been done it probably doesn't work, but I still use it. After that evenings' hunt one of the guys said I can see your stand from mine and I don't know if that carbon stuff works but you had deer everywhere around you, upwind and downwind. Of course I also totally descent with showers, soap, body wipe towels, scent free storage boxes, rubber boots and spray down before I hit the woods. I guess if it makes you feel more confident you should use it.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

There is no better advantage than having little if any movement and playing the wind as best as possible. It's worked for hundreds of years and it's still free. JMO
Old 12-26-2006, 07:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rcgerchow

This really a tough subject. After reading and seeing videos about how it doesn't work I still use it. In fact this fall while bow hunting on our lease, I was getting suited up and we got into a discussion about this stuff and if itworks or not. I believe that with all the testing thats been done it probably doesn't work, but I still use it. After that evenings' hunt one of the guys said I can see your stand from mine and I don't know if that carbon stuff works but you had deer everywhere around you, upwind and downwind. Of course I also totally descent with showers, soap, body wipe towels, scent free storage boxes, rubber boots and spray down before I hit the woods. I guess if it makes you feel more confident you should use it.
This really is an easy one ...if you want to see if it works..before you go to the woodsjust eat a half dozen boiled eggs and eat about three chilly dogs ..three cups of coffee...put the suit on and thenthen let a triple flutter blast (fart)in the truck with a couple of your buddys and see if they smell it ...if not it HAS to be working BUT I bet they exit the cab pretty dog gone quick !

dd
Old 12-26-2006, 08:01 AM

that was a very good video and I beleive no hunter needs scent lock.

Quick Reply: Carbon activated clothing - Fox News investigates! (VIDEO)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.