Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scent elimination question

Old 12-19-2006, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Scent elimination question

Scent Blocker or Scentlok?? Is this just another case of the same basic products made by different companies or do any of you actually feel one company makes a better product. I need to get some new clothes for deer hunting I would like any suggestions you guys have. Thanks.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:25 AM

Default RE: Scent elimination question

I would suggest that you buy neither of the two or any other "scent eliminating" JUNK. The carbon stuff does not work as advertised and you can achieve good "scent control" by washing clothing in baking powder/scent reducing detergent, properly packaging cleaned clothes, only put on clothes when in the field, shower using scent reducing soap/shampoo, use scent reducing spray on self and equipment when in the field and pay attention to the scent you could bring out with you.
Playing the wind is the best idea.
Save yourself a lot of money and don't buy a fraud.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:27 PM

I do not buy any scent elimination stuffs.. After wash clothes with baking soda, I put them (including hats & boots)outside line to let it dry and leave them there for 2-3 days when its not raining. Then I hang them up on porch till ready to hunt and after hunting, I put them back again till hunting season is over. Been doing that for more than 5 years. Works for me. Got 7 deer this year :-)

Old 12-19-2006, 12:33 PM
Dominant Buck

Both use activated carbon , Scent-Lok licenses the use of it to several companies . Neither work for long , don't believe their hype .
Old 12-19-2006, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wash clothes in baking soda,drip dry.I put my outer clothes in large construction bag with cedar branches.I keep it all in truck bed.They never see inside of house during the season.I only shower with ivory soap during deer season.All this is Cheap and it works. Way to much crap on the market that gets more hunters than deer.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:28 PM
Typical Buck

I wouldn't buy it either. Instead, I use the scent free detergents anddryer sheets to wash my clothes, store my clothes in air-tight plastic bags with "fresh earth" wafers, take showers in scent reducing soap, use scent free deoderant, use the spray, etc. There are several companies that produce a full line of these products. I personally use Scent-Away and have had great success with it. I'm sure the others are just as good but I haven't tried them (if it ain't broke don't fix it). I can't remember the last time I've gotten winded by deer.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Mama Nature all the way, just hunt the wind.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man it's funny how much difference a year will make. I remember last year that everyone and there brother was preachingfrom the scent lock pulpit..............crediting their success to the clothing.

It's nice to see that less and less people are buying into that garbage.

Makes me wonder what else we buy is simply a empty marketing scam.

Old 12-19-2006, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe goofy looking camo?
Old 12-19-2006, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe goofy looking camo?
Nahhhhhhh.......no one would fall for that

Quick Reply: Scent elimination question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.