Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Fight

Old 12-14-2006, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Deer Fight

Once that deer falls down he's in a tough spot. I didn't notice this the first time I watch it but soon after the buck that falls and gets up with his head turn around backwards, another buck comes up from behind him and gores him in the rear end. OUCH!!!
Old 12-14-2006, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was upset with the redneck comment that was deleted and naturally wanted to be a smart alleck, but what good would that do? Seriouslydon't talk down about Southerners or "rednecks." You don't have the right. A lot of good products and people in the hunting industry have come out of the south, like Woodhaven calls. Some of the best turkey calls on the market and they're made just miles from where I grew up in Heflin, AL. Mossy Oak, maybe the most popular pattern out there,started bya Southerner. Without us good ol' Southern boys, hunting wouldn't be what it is today and what it's going to be in the future. I wanted to tear into you at first but no hard feelings bud. It just heats me up whenpeople judge others by what state they come from. By the way, what do you do for the NWTF? Sounds interesting.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:18 PM

I'm a little confused, i guess. What part of what I said did you think referred to rednecks? Or are you talking in general in reference to the post that was deleted?

My first post on this thread was in response to the anti named "bambi lover" that posted, because I could see a sh!tstorm coming, as there were a few of 'them' that were starting to post on multiple threads. I, personally, never said anything about southerners or 'rednecks', just quoted what was posted by the anti. The quote from the anti was deleted, and, therefore, taken out of my post........the only change that was made to it. You can go back and read it on page 1. I think you may have confused something I quoted from the anti's post as something I said personally.

The only other thing that I can think of is that at 7.30 pm, you might have caught this thread after the anti's post was deleted, but while the quote of his post was still part of my post. Your only conclusion would be that the 'redneck' comment came from me.

I'm actually the president of a local chapter of the NWTF that was formed in the small city in which I live.

PS: Sorry about the duplicate post....wanted to edit, and hit quote.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:19 PM

delete please.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I thought you said something about rednecks being easily amused at first, whatever whocares.I'm trying to spread the word to just the ignorant northerners that all southerners aren't inbred retards, . I don't want to be thought of as the stereotypical "trailer-park trash." There's a lot of good folks down here. I can tell you're a rational person though so sorry for all that crap. What's an "anti"? Animals rights people?
Old 12-14-2006, 01:33 PM

Nope. Wasn't me.

Apparently, yesterday afternoon....a few Anti-Hunters/Animal Rights registered onto this website in the hopes of posting on a few threads in the deer hunting forum to get people riled up around here. One such person registered under the name 'bambi lover' and posted up on this thread how easily amused so called 'rednecks' are, obviously trying to goad us hunters into bashing him/her and giving them ammunition for thier cause (ie. proving that the people in the hunting community are the exact people you are describing) .

My post simply quoted what that person had said and asked other members of this forum not to respond to it and to allow it to stand until administration had the time to delete it, and not provide that anti-hunting person with any fuel for thier fire. I actually did this on a number of posts to remind us hunters that we can act civilized and not fall into thier trap.

This kind of crap happens on a regular basis on many of the forums that I frequent on the net.....most attempts aren't that blatantly obvious though.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hear ya. I can't stand a deerhugger. How'd you know he was an anti?
Old 12-14-2006, 01:43 PM

1) His registered name was 'bambi lover'.

2) On another post, he had mentioned that he was starting a group for "homosexuals against hunting", and wanted to know what 'real hunters' thought of that.

3) using phrases like 'you rednecks' and 'you idiots' when referring to the people who post on this forum.

He/She posted 7 times within minutes of registering, and wasn't very subtle about the hunter bashing. He wasn't the only one either. Like I said, I've seen this kind of thing before....just most times it's not as obvious. Usually they'll try to goad you into trusting them as a hunter (ie. John Kerry) and then try to point out your shortcommings in the ethics department or prove that you really don't know what you're talking about or glorify your mistakes. If someone on here just seems like they're always looking for a fight.....I get suspicious.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess I need to be more aware of who I'm talkin' to then. I really didn't even think they would get on these forums but I guess it's a good place for them to try and take a stand or whatever. Anyways good to chat with ya a little while, it proves that a guy from NY can get along with a redneck like me from AL, ha. Heyyou killed any nice deer this year?
Old 12-14-2006, 02:13 PM

Yup, the internet is a funny place. Their main goal is always to make us look bad. They try to make the general public think that we're a bunch of beer drinkin', gun totin', blood lustin, homophobic hillbillies. That's the only way what they're doing seems normal, making us look like the other extreme.

I'm sorry that you have felt like you've had to defend your southern heritage on forums like these. It's those kinds of splits within the hunting community that I believe will ultimately divide us and feed us to the wolves. If we can't work together toward our common goal, none of us is going to like the outcome much.

It was nice talking to you to. I was fortunate enough to take two nice does this year and put a bunch of venison in the freezer...... although, I've only got one more weekend with the muzzleloader to try and put some antlers on the wall!!

Sorry to hijack your thread, Leathal.....that is one heck of a video!!

Quick Reply: Deer Fight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.