Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

.270 Weatherby

Old 12-13-2006, 10:10 AM

Default .270 Weatherby

What is the difference in the .270 WIN, and the .270 WBY

As far as I know, the WBY has more powder, and a flater shooting trajectory. Can I put a .270 WBY MAG in my Savage chambered in .270 WIN

Are the bullets that different?
Old 12-13-2006, 10:15 AM
Spike

Default RE: .270 Weatherby

See this article by Chuck Hawks: http://www.chuckhawks.com/270family.htm
Old 12-13-2006, 10:32 AM

ORIGINAL: CervidSlayer

As far as I know, the WBY has more powder, and a flater shooting trajectory. Can I put a .270 WBY MAG in my Savage chambered in .270 WIN

Hideline for the Gainesville Georgia Inquirer.

LOCAL HUNTER KILLED!

Coroner said that the cause of death was STUPIDITY!

Buddy, Only shoot 270 win cartridges through your 270 win. If you want to shoot weatherby brand ammunition be sure that its 270 win cartridges.

different cartridges require differnt chambers reamed in the barrel. Remember we're conrolling explosions here.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:55 AM

ORIGINAL: ShatoDavis

ORIGINAL: CervidSlayer

LOCAL HUNTER KILLED!

Buddy, Only shoot 270 win cartridges through your 270 win. If you want to shoot weatherby brand ammunition be sure that its 270 win cartridges.

different cartridges require differnt chambers reamed in the barrel. Remember we're conrolling explosions here.
Dude, you can kiss my a$$. I was asking a question because I have literally no experience with anything from Weatherby. Yea, I'm stupid for asking a question.
And your a dik for being a smart a$$.

Why do you think people post a question on the forum? Maybe its because they are looking for some help...not looking for grief from some a$$hole. I guess YOU must be stupid for not knowing how to fly a space shuttle, or say play the trombone...prik
Old 12-13-2006, 10:59 AM

ORIGINAL: ShatoDavis

LOCAL HUNTER KILLED!

God forbid somebody ask a question in here. I mean, what is this place, a forum for people to learn things in maybe?
Old 12-13-2006, 12:06 PM

Thanks for clearing that up. I knew that the second digit is for the case diameter...Like a .300 win mag is a .30 caliber bullet with a much larger case, and the .30 carbine case is the same diameter as thebullet.

I just did'nt know weather or not if it was a "brand" difference, or a "size and powder" difference.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:07 PM

Sorry for posting up a stupid question Ya'll.

Old 12-13-2006, 01:05 PM

One thing my Dad did teach me.
"No such thing as a stupid question. Just stupid answers."
Old 12-13-2006, 01:18 PM

Dude, you can kiss my a$$. I was asking a question because I have literally no experience with anything from Weatherby. Yea, I'm stupid for asking a question.
And your a dik for being a smart a$$.

Why do you think people post a question on the forum? Maybe its because they are looking for some help...not looking for grief from some a$$hole. I guess YOU must be stupid for not knowing how to fly a space shuttle, or say play the trombone...prik
[/quote]

whoa there trigger. I'm sorry that I rubbed you wrong. It was a failed attempt at humor. I guess things losesomething when you can't convey tone. Its just a joke that has been used on me before.

Trying to shoot 270 WBY in a 270 win is paramount to shooting 300 win mag in a 30-06 it just won't work. If you were able to chamber a round (which I highly doubt) it could cause severe damage to the gun and your body. FYI people have in the past loaded 270 win cartridges in 270 WBY chambers with devastating results. Also, people have mistakenly loaded 7mm Express (thats what the 280 was named once upon a time) ammo in 7 mags. It isn't pretty.

Once again sorry if I came across too strong. OBTW you used much stronger language in your reply than I did. I'll take the blame this time, but don't jump to a fight quite so fast pardner.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Sureisaniceskimask

[God forbid somebody ask a question in here. I mean, what is this place, a forum for people to learn things in maybe? Quit being such a jack ass and maybe you can make a friend or two and then they can come over to your double wide and drink Schlitz with your dumb ass.
You georgia boys sure do have short fuses. It must be the humidity I guess. Please refer to my reply to the original poster.

Quick Reply: .270 Weatherby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.