Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

holy hamburger meat batman

Old 12-12-2006, 02:19 PM
Spike

Default holy hamburger meat batman

We pulled up to our main greenfield this afternoon and there are a herd 20+ cows mowing it down to nothing[:@]we have no idea where they are from the nearest farm is at least 4 miles away. Should (if we find out who) the owner of the cows be responsible for the property damage.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:23 PM

Default RE: holy hamburger meat batman

I would tell him (if the cows are his) to get his cows out of there first. I would survey the property and see just how much damage has been done.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:24 PM

But yes you do have a reason to be angry
Old 12-12-2006, 02:28 PM

Man that sucks, I'd be pissed. I'm not sure about the legality of it all, but you could always go out there with a truck and rush them off of your property, it's not your problem where they end up...
Old 12-12-2006, 02:28 PM

would these be considered... wild cattle?...mmmm..... not alot of sport in walking up to it and ramming a spear through them i guesse... but imaging the steak!
Old 12-12-2006, 02:29 PM
Typical Buck

If you have damage done they should have to pay for it. This happened about 5 years ago to my parents, the neighbors about 1/2 mile down the road had their cattle get out and we found them in my parents yard one day. They had a really big above ground pool and a nice big deck that wrapped around 1/2 the pool, the cows trashed the deck and pool and alot of small trees we planted in the yard, they covered all the damage done. Good luck and hopefully it wasn't too bad.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear, hopefully you can get some payment.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:33 PM
Spike

The weird part is our land is bordered on two sides by a river the 3rd side in an interstate highway and the only other way in is down a major powerline. This plot is literally in the middle of 1400 acres. Thinking about going to the local fire work stand and getting a couple of strings of blackcats and machine gunning theme into a stampede.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:57 PM
Spike

I would take on for the freezer if the nearest farm is as far as you think.ummmm delmonicos
Old 12-13-2006, 04:39 AM
Fork Horn

Silverock,
Most farm liability policies cover livestock damage to others' property.
If you do not know the owner, you should contact the police and ask that they assist. If you do something that causes the livestock to do damage or injury to another party (an auto accident, for example) you will be added to the liability chain. That is not a good position for you to be in, since you are probably not covered by insurance.

Quick Reply: holy hamburger meat batman

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.