Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Please give me your opinion on this -- Will I get my shotgun license??? >

Please give me your opinion on this -- Will I get my shotgun license???

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Please give me your opinion on this -- Will I get my shotgun license???

Old 12-09-2006, 11:02 AM

Default Please give me your opinion on this -- Will I get my shotgun license???

Can you guys please give me your opinion on whether or not I will get my shotgun license? Just looking for some input. I really want to get my shotgun/rifle permit so I can do some hunting. As of now I am just doing muzzleloader as you don't need a gun permit.

I am aplying for my NYC shotgun/rifle permit. You obviously have to list every arrest that you have had (along with an explanation and the outcome) even if the case was dismissed. In 1995 I was arrested for shooting a BB Gun. It was written up as a gun charge from what I remember. The outcome of the case was -- I got P.T.I., Pre Trial Intervention, which was probation for a year. Basically if I went a year without getting into trouble the case goes away, which happened so I was never found guilty.

Thanks so much for your input/comments

ps I posted this here as more people view this forum topic.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Please give me your opinion on this -- Will I get my shotgun license???

be honest and list everything it asks for. if you lie on a state form, they could persue with purjury charges against you. chances are, they'll over look a bb gun incident from years ago.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:12 PM

Default RE: Please give me your opinion on this -- Will I get my shotgun license???

Thanks for your input. I do intend to list everything that it asks for. I am just worried because the bb gun incident was listed as a gun charge that I may get turned down for my shotgun/rifle permit.

ORIGINAL: CamoCop

be honest and list everything it asks for. if you lie on a state form, they could persue with purjury charges against you. chances are, they'll over look a bb gun incident from years ago.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

What did you shoot with the BB gun?
Old 12-09-2006, 02:41 PM

It went through a house window, the house was owned by a cop and he said we were shooting at him which was NOT the case. The bb bounced off of concrete and went through the window. In the end I was never found guilty as I just received pre trial intervention which was a 1 year probation.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:42 PM

Sveral of my friends are cops in that town and no one really gets along with that specific cop. He tries to make mountains out of mole-hills.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

just be honest and you said they give you the option to explain the charge. don't say the officer's were butts or anything...just tell them you were target shooting and a bb ricocheted into a neighbors window. tell'm you were charged but never convicted. they should over look this because we ALL do dumb things when we were young.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

WOW ..thats the first time I have EVER heard of someone getting arrested for shooting a bb gun ...what did you do hold up a lemonade stand?

dd
Old 12-10-2006, 07:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Man! I bet with such strict gun laws in NYC you have almost zero gun crime. How do they get the inner city gangsters to apply?

C. Davis
Old 12-10-2006, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: C. Davis

Man! I bet with such strict gun laws in NYC you have almost zero gun crime. How do they get the inner city gangsters to apply?

C. Davis
there's crimes committed with guns in NYC?

Quick Reply: Please give me your opinion on this -- Will I get my shotgun license???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.