Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Couple more pics of my deer

Old 12-07-2006, 07:38 AM

Default Couple more pics of my deer

Here is my hunting buddy and our deer!

Old 12-07-2006, 07:39 AM

Default RE: Couple more pics of my deer

Here is another

Old 12-07-2006, 07:40 AM

This would be so much easier if i could put them all in one post

Old 12-07-2006, 07:41 AM

Lots of diffrent angles for you guys

Old 12-07-2006, 07:41 AM

nice buck. Did the little guy get to ttake the shot?
Old 12-07-2006, 07:47 AM

no but the child in the third pic with the orange coat on should of taken the shot. He was with me and without him, I would of never had this deer. I spotted him and after a long watch he trotted off into the swamp or so i thought. I was disgusted because I thought I was going too get him and it was the first time I took my son alex out and I wanted so bad too shoot a deer and make this experience good for him and I felt like I let him down. Well I sat down in the stand but my kid kept looking for him and about two minutes later, my son whispers dad, its coming straight at us and its a monster. Well, it wasnt a boone or crockett or anything but it was a nice bodied deer and I was able too get him. It was funny because after he said it was coming straight for us, I got up and looked and could not see him from my spot in the stand. I told him he was nuts but as it turns out, sometimes kids do know best. I put him down with my 243 with one shot but he did scamper off. I got down about five minutes later and found him but he wasnt dead yet and jumped and ran off a little further. i told my son we would come back and get him. I explained sometimes its better not too push them but just too let them lay and die. Well when I came back, there was no blood trail and no snow so i had a little trouble finding him in the deep woods. Well, guess who found him, my son. He is a life savior and he luvs the outdoors.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:54 AM

Man I love it when stuff like that happens. Its intense. I shot an 8 point couple of Sundays ago and I was actually about to shoot a doe when he poked up over the hill. Lots of fun. nice buck
Old 12-07-2006, 08:17 AM

I have three boys and they all luv hunting and the outdoors. I think it should be a big part of there life. I think hunting and life go hand in hand
Old 12-07-2006, 08:26 AM

Conrgats to you and good for your son. It's always great when a youngster loves the outdoors. My dad started me in the woods when I wasless than a year old. He took me on my first hunt when I was 8 yrs old. He didn't get anything, butwe saw one deer. After that experience I couldn't wait to get back out "huntin." Like your son, I was with my dad when he killed a buck back in 95. I got to see him shoot it, I got to drag it, and I got to gut it. I learned alot about deer hunting that year and have been loving this sport ever since.

You are doing a great job introducing your children to the woods, keep it up.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

NIce story, congrats!

Quick Reply: Couple more pics of my deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.