Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My 14 Point buck!

Old 12-05-2006, 05:04 PM
Bartender

Default RE: My 14 Point buck!

Please dont be offended I didnt have the regulations handy. With
that being said still a nice buck, congrats
Old 12-05-2006, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats, What side of your other deer will it be on?
Old 12-05-2006, 08:59 PM

I'm having my first one mounted and I went with a semi-sneak, ears back, right turn because that is pretty much how he was when I shot it. Maybe having it mounted how it was when you shot it might be nice?
Old 12-05-2006, 09:25 PM
Fork Horn

Peakrut - not offended at all.

krub68 - That is to be determined.

I'm more worried about getting the mount to show off the "hidden points" towards the back of the rack than I am where I want to put it on the wall. In the picture posted here - you cannot see the droptine on the deer's rightside G2behind the fork. Then the deer's leftside G2 forks off upwards, and also has one point that forks off the G2 backwards. It also has the broken droptine between the G2 & G3 on the deer's leftside that I may end up having repaired.

This rack is justso neat that I am having a very hard time deciding if I even want a turn, because I am afraid that the positioning may "hide" some of these points. Honestly, the single picture I posted does not do the "neat-o-ness" of this rack justice.

erope - yeah, I'm just not sure I want as dramatic of a turn, or upright as he was when I shot him. I shot his left side of the body quartering towards, while he was looking left.

Old 12-05-2006, 09:58 PM
Fork Horn

I got this one mounted how I sot him and the slight turn shows his back tines really well from the sides. Don't forget to consult your taxidermist and get his opinion

Old 12-05-2006, 10:07 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: krub6b

I got this one mounted how I sot him and the slight turn shows his back tines really well from the sides. Don't forget to consult your taxidermist and get his opinion
Nice mount!

Yeah, Our taxidermist is a good friend of my dad's. They actually did Taxi together for a while. My dad is doing his standard "Well, thats up to you" everytime I talk to him, so now I'm more so waiting until I can go in to the Taxidermist again and flip through the form books.

I just thought I would post on here to be able to walk in with a couple ideas other than what i've come up with thus far.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

nice lookin deer!!
Old 12-05-2006, 11:25 PM

awesome buck! looks like a dandy. How was the weather?
Old 12-05-2006, 11:45 PM
Fork Horn

The day I shot this guy, it was nice.

This past week though... ooooohhh, cold and snowy! I was hunting during the "blizzard" !
Old 12-06-2006, 05:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

TS CONGRATS young man ..thats a buck to be proud of ...NOW "YOU DA MAN" !

dd

Quick Reply: My 14 Point buck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.